A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 15721

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Why don't you all take some youth-pills or something?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 15722

Baron Grim

Shows what you know.

I'm only 49. smiley - nahnah

Petty Hates

Post 15723

Wand'rin star

I'm intending to live at least another 11 years = to make it to my next Chinese birthday in the year of the goat/sheep. It will take that long to get the house cleared for my next of kin to deal with. smiley - starsmiley - star
PH unshredded paper souvenirs

Petty Hates

Post 15724

Pastey

I'm not even 42 yet!

(It's later this year)

(Yes, I'm already planning the party)

(Yes, I do now own a brewery, a piff-up in it may well be on the cards)

Petty Hates

Post 15725

Smudger879n

I was in a building today and used the lift, what annoyed me was, every time it stopped, a recording would say......"Doors Opening" followed by "Doors Closing"

Of course it is, .....I can see that for Gods sake!..........I don't need a recording telling me😡😖

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 15726

ITIWBS

My best Gypsy fortune teller tells me I'll be around till 94.

Others tell me I'll be lucky to beat the odds.

Both are probably correct.

I intend to do better than that though, if I can.

...lets see, what to do the next 20 odd years or and still have time to enjoy a quiet second retirement...

Petty Hates

Post 15727

I wish to revise my earlier statement:

Soon you're all gonna' die of old age and I'll be left all alone in a digital ghost town, wandering aimlessly in and out of abandoned convo threads and listening to a forlorn wind whistling through empty servers.

...is catchier.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 15728

...is *much catchier.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 15729

ITIWBS

smiley - smileyI think I can safely say that just about no one here is likely to want thst to happen.smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 15730

hammondorgan

Terrible thing that, wind through your servers, most unpleasant.

Petty Hates

Post 15731

You can call me TC

Should we be asking for a smiley?

Petty Hates

Post 15732

Bluebottle

'I do now own a brewery, a piff-up in it may well be on the cards'
- Note to self – don't buy any beer from Pastey immediately after his 42nd birthday...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 15733

Icy North

I'm not sure Pastey has the organisational skills to do it. smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 15734

Polly Math

Not a hate, but...

Nice to see one of my first fave h2g2 conversations still going 13 years later!
I suppose it'll soon be long enough to show a Generation Gap.

Or, more likely, to show what an outdated, short-sighted, counter-productive bit of received wisdom that concept is. (There you go - a hate! They will keep muscling in).

Petty Hates

Post 15735

You can call me TC

Well hello Polly Math. Welcome back to the fold!

Petty Hates

Post 15736

Bluebottle

PH: when you see a fun advert that say 'why not sign up to do this exciting thing (bike ride/run etc)? Only £50!'
And then you think, '£50 is not too expensive – taking into account food and transport, I could just about afford it – I'll sign up for that!' only to find out that the small print says, 'Participants must raise £1,000,000 in sponsorship'

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 15737

Icy North

...or else what? I'd ask.

Petty Hates

Post 15738

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

People...
people who fold over the top of the bin bag when it is full but for some unknown reason do not take the bag to the outside bin...
people who do not replace a bag in the kitchen bin leaving it empty and frustrating when you have your hands full of stuff to put in the bin to then realise the last person did not replace the bag
people who leave cereal like weetabix or shredded wheat to solidify in the bottom of the bowl making it impossible to wash off...

these may or may not be the same person...

Petty Hates

Post 15739

Polly Math

Thank you, You can call me TC!
Not sure I'm entitled to a 'Welcome back into the fold', though (I have been calling in periodically throughout).

Just noticed my original 'Welcome' message in My Space, dated March 2003, nearly 3 years after h2g2 was founded. Not a lot of website ideas get it so right that they're still right 17 years later!
(Right down to not slowing things down with manic animations, videos and other clutter - there's another petty hate for you!).

Petty Hates

Post 15740

Cheerful Dragon

Hospitals, or rather, the tmperature in hospitals. I wonder how much money the NHS would save if they turned the thermostats down by a few degrees. Almost every hospital I've visited has been far too warm. My trip to Kidderminster Hospital on Thursday was a case in point. The staff were all wearing short-sleeved tops. I was down to my t-shirt and I was still too warm. Surely such high temperatures can't be healthy.

Key: Complain about this post