A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14601

Smudger879n

I closed my FB account last year, but still got Emails from it, so I went in to check, and my account was still active?

So I sent them an Email, saying I was closing it, then deleted it again, it seems to have worked this time.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 14602

swl

Whenever I see FB, I think Ferretbadger.

Petty Hates

Post 14603

Sho - employed again!

BB
>>I don't really see the point in logging into a different e-mail account just to see whether or not it is worth me logging into my Facebook account<<

you don't. You log into facebook and it tells you what notifications you have, and you can check them from there.

Email isn't what it used to be. You need an email address to set up a social media account. After that you generally don't need it unless you need to reset your password or something.

Petty Hates

Post 14604

Rod

Phew!

Aren't I glad I resisted the temptation of all these 'ere social sites -

This one's good enough - suits me fine

Petty Hates

Post 14605

Rod

Anyway, back on track...

That Sudoku puzzle book I bought - how Dare they sell a book with so many badly compiled puzzles?

Petty Hates

Post 14606

Rod

... The 'simple' ones seem to be mostly OK but progressively harder ... progressively wronger ...

Petty Hates

Post 14607

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

To repeat my earlier question: How is metal welding used in cooking?

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14608

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Did you never have the handle break off from your frying pan?

Or if the stove goes bad you could always cook with an oxygen - acetylene torch, not that it would improve the flavorsmiley - yuk

She might even repair the stove, or build a ship with a galleysmiley - chef

smiley - shrug

F smiley - dolphin S

Petty Hates

Post 14609

Deb

Mr X: "To repeat my earlier question: How is metal welding used in cooking?"

I think this was a reference to the state of KDp's mother-in-law's cooking rather than a reference to the tools she used. Burnt offerings and all that.

At least that's how I read it.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 14610

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Oh... That does make more sense....

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14611

swl

It was a flippant remark

Petty Hates

Post 14612

Pink Paisley

Diet water.

The sort that you often get in hotels where a stream of tap water contains loads of air.

I understand what it's all about, but I still hate it.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14613

Cheerful Dragon

There's no such thing as diet water. Water, AFAIK, has zero calories. The air in the tap water is probably a result of the kind of tap and the water pressure. Try turning the tap down and see if that makes any difference.

Petty Hates

Post 14614

SashaQ - happysad

I know what you mean, PP, about the water in hotels, or other places where they want to reduce usage but also pretend the customers can use as much as they like.

Not too bad for just wetting your hands, but not the best for rinsing soap off as the air in it makes the soap more bubbly.

"Diet Water" is a good way of describing it smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 14615

KB

"I'll tell you for why..."

I'd rather you just told me why.

Petty Hates

Post 14616

Teasswill

Like all those opening phrases - 'with all due respect', 'excuse my French' etc.

Petty Hates

Post 14617

Pastey

"I'm not racist..."

Petty Hates

Post 14618

quotes

I always wondered about the phase "me myself". When would it possibly be " me not myself "?

Petty Hates

Post 14619

Smudger879n

Quote...."
Mr X: "To repeat my earlier question: How is metal welding used in cooking?"

Well, when I was working in Russia, as a welding instructor, I had a problem with the food, I couldn't eat what they had?

So, I rigged up a spare welding machine to full power, wired in a couple of 4mm welding roads, which went red hot, when the machine was turned on, and I borrowed a pan from one of the trainee welders, and cooked potatoes on it.

This along with a loaf of "cleb" bread, I managed to keep going. Also managed to swap some cigarettes for some salt, (in short supply)

The locals were gobsmacked to say the least, and some if them wanted to sample boiled potatoes, the seemed to enjoy them.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 14620

swl

We used to use the mini ovens built for keeping welding rods dry to heat up our pies.

PH - How amazingly small beer bottles are when you get them out of the box smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post