Crescent

Eating with your mouth open
Eating noisily
Pomegranate
Talking during a film, at the cinema
Fistling sweetie papers at the cinema
Not indicating when coming off a roundabout
Jumping red lights
Getting angry at me for taking too long to cross the road, especially if the person is in a big mercades when it is pishing with rain...

Enough, I am getting angry just thinking about this. Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Petty Hates

Post 122

PQ

Pomegranate?...but without pomegranate there woulnd be no grenadine...and no tequila sunrisesmiley - sadface

Shop assistants irritate me....especially the plastered laydees who stalk between the perfume/makeup counters in department stores

People who try to disguise spots using coverup/foundation and get it so wrong...crusty beige spots are *far* worse than spots.

Spots....especially the occasional ones that appear for no reason in my ears or up my nose.

Nail varnish annoys me...I can't wear it it makes my fingers feel dirty.

Petty Hates

Post 123

Xanatic

Saturnine, why do you hate thin people who can't put on weight? It's not a very nice thing. Fat guys get more girls than I do.

Petty Hates

Post 124

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

I suspect the chief cause of irritation would be people who can't put on weight and complain about it to their overweight friends- that's got to be annoying.

smiley - ale

Petty Hates

Post 125

Xanatic

People who mention how skinny I am as the third or fourth sentence when meeting me. 1. I have probably noticed already. 2. I don't comment on your lard arse now do I?

Petty Hates

Post 126

White Hart

People who say 'nucular' instead of 'nuclear'
People who block the entrances to roundabouts queuing for their exit
Trying to buy a suit only to find that none of the shops have both the jacket and trousers in your size
BBC2 cancelling Buffy for snooker
Theme pubs
People who write in text-ese
People who remark on something that hasn't been done as if it was your fault, even when it isn't part of your job smiley - grr

I'm sure I'll be back with more later... What a bitter bunch we are!

Petty Hates

Post 127

White Hart

See, I said I'd be back...

Mothers who take 9/10 year old boys into the women's changing rooms at the swimming pool - I have no wish to be oggled by a small boy while I'm getting dressed!

Petty Hates

Post 128

Xanatic

Hmmm, now it annoys me my mother never did that smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 129

Citizen S

Queue jumpers.
People who don't move down the train when there are tons of people outside trying to get home just like them.
People at the gym who wear full make-up and check their appearance from all angles in the changing room mirrors before venturing into the gym to pose.

Petty Hates

Post 130

Citizen S

Oh and people who use the sauna/steamroom, get all sweaty and then jump into swimming pool to cool off ! Yuk

Petty Hates

Post 131

Geggs

The fact that most people are taller than me. Please note, I'm not complaining about the existance of tall people. Just that I'm not one.

Geggs

Petty Hates

Post 132

Wulfric

Sci-Fi fanatics - don't know why but it just bothers me that people take Dr Who or Star Trek seriously.

Young (and I mean young) celebs who "write" their biogs. Who cares?

Posh and Becks coverage - I have a strange irrational hatred of these two thanks to the media. I'm sure they're probably terribly nice people in reality.

Tabloids - I need say no more.

People who keep wanting you to justify everything you say or write.

plus many many more.

Wulfric (grouchy, touchy and miserable!)smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 133

Researcher Eagle 1

Gratuitousness.
-It seems as though every 10 damn minutes watching TV or a movie, or reading a book, or whatever, there's a scene with sex, violence, cursing, etc. that isn't there to enhance the experience, but to draw in less intelligent, cultured people who yell and hollar when two women kiss, a car crashes, or someone thinks of four ways to say "poopie."

Get some class, all of you who get off on this garbage, transparently thrown in to titilate you without any concern for content! If you want violence that advances plot, watch "The Bourne Identity," "24," or "Minority Report" to name a few. There are lots of options for anything you want to see.

Petty Hates

Post 134

Saturnine

Further to that posting. People that complain there is too much sex and violence on TV.

And the fact that sex on TV is perceived as being worse than violence on TV.

People who think homosexuality is a danger to their children. And that talking about homosexuality in schools is *promoting* it...smiley - steam

Oh. And people who think music incites violence.

Oh. And when my batteries run out in my walkman *just* as I leave the house.

Petty Hates

Post 135

Buzz Lightyear: Getting Ever Warmer

smiley - biggrin Great a threat that acts like a stress-relief ball! smiley - cheers
Oh how I agree with soooo many of you on those petty hates!! smiley - blush It's like a cyber-Room 101! smiley - winkeye

Some additions:
Hiccups - why do they happen & what possible use do they serve, except to irritate!! smiley - erm
Facial Hair/Beards on male or female - No point either (see above) from what I can see apart from maybe keeping warm (GET central heating, that's what I say!) smiley - grr
Rolling 24-hour News Channels: by the 'eck, do we really need THREE!! It's just the same thing over & over & over...ad infinitum.
Drivers who insist upon thinking they own the road!! smiley - winkeye
Shopping trolleys thrown in the canal: what? how? why? 'snot much to put it back now is it. smiley - erm
(As mentioned above in the thread) Twentysomething people who write autobiographies or those folks who go to the Gym just to look good. Waste of a membership fee?!! ...

I could go on, but I may end up like smiley - huh Victor Meldrew! smiley - groan
Having smiley - tea to calm me now! smiley - cheers

Petty Hates

Post 136

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

CNN. It's a crap tv station. They make up news, I swear they do.

People who, upon seeing a piano, play either Fur Elise or Heart and Soul. smiley - steamsmiley - musicalnote

Petty Hates

Post 137

Saturnine

People who ask *what's your book about?*

It's like, do you *really* expect me to tell you, so you can go off and plaguarise it? smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 138

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Worse yet - people who ask you if you've been published yet, and then wonder why you haven't (if you haven't or haven't been for a while). As if publishing ever had anything to do with being talented.

Oh - and from my editor days - teenage angst/love poetry, rhyming poetry, blank verse for no reason, and people who yell at the staff when their "masterpiece" doesn't get into an issue.

Petty Hates

Post 139

Saturnine

Just bad poetry altogether.

smiley - ill

Oh, and I can't use apostrophes correctly, and I hate it. No matter how hard I try, I can't learn.

Petty Hates

Post 140

Pastey

People who, when you say you're a writer automatically assume you write stories or poetry.

I've got to the point at times of saying I'm a playwright! Really confuses them smiley - smiley

smiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post