A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13821

Pastey

Ask him if this has ever happened to him too: http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/nhoodv3.nsf/SocialTwitterFeed/142507E0EA26997A80257D810028E5D7

Petty Hates

Post 13822

Mr. Dreadful - Neurodiversity, chaos magick, and cake

Apparently now I have told him to change his appearance to avoid harrassment. No, I said that women don't have a choice. Not the same thing. This guy has met me, so knows I do not present myself conservatively. In fact, I am marginally more 'alternative' on a daily basis than he is, yet I don't get harrassed on the street. Maybe it's an attitude thing?

Petty Hates

Post 13823

You can call me TC (You want an anagram? Can't be a*sed)

>>When Brits and Americans argue about petty things like which side of the road is superior for driving on and odd tidbits of slang.<<

Haven't we grown out of that yet? I'm sure that if it does happen it's either in jest or by someone who's under 15.

smiley - cool<-rose-coloured?

smiley - popcorn

Driving on the right/left? I am continually swapping. smiley - shrug Live with it. Surely having to speak a different language when you go to another country is more of a challenge.

Petty Hates

Post 13824

Bullet To Be

It doesn't matter what side of the road you drive on, cycle instead or go by train.smiley - tongueout

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 13825

Dr Anthea - Artist, Ninja, Potter..?

trains... trains inevitably smell of wee... wee or something close... smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 13826

quotes

Pastey, flat caps are fine, but I want a big peak to keep the sun out. A simple flat topped cap would do, and I have bought them online, but always too small. I never see them in shops.

Petty Hates

Post 13827

ITIWBS

On caps, have you considered an Afghan karakul?

http://cdn-s3-1.wanelo.com/product/image/4371063/original.jpg

A style very well adapted to either hot or cold conditions

On long hair, I can remember being occasionally accosted inappropriately during my long haired days.

They usually changed their minds very quickly when I casually flexed a 6"/16cm wide biceps at them in profile.

Petty Hates

Post 13828

quotes

The Karakul looks a bit cosy for my purposes, and crucially, lacks a peak. Basically, I just want a cap which does what a baseball cap does. Obviously, the simple answer would be for me to start liking the baseball cap.

Petty Hates

Post 13829

You can call me TC (You want an anagram? Can't be a*sed)

A panama hat would be more stylish.

Petty Hates

Post 13830

Pastey

I have a Panama, they are indeed awesome. I would make sure though that you get one that fits properly (tightly) so that it doesn't blow off in the wind.

Petty Hates

Post 13831

quotes

I already have two Panama hats, one for the garden and one for best...they're great, but a cap has its place, too.

Petty Hates

Post 13832

swl - Cool! I live on a battlefield

By 'eck, a flat cap t' keep t' sun outta tha' eyes? T' very dab - http://thumbsnap.com/s/97DENnD0.jpg

Petty Hates

Post 13833

KB

How about a kepi, a la General de Gaulle? Very stylish! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post