A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13741

quotes

Documentaries which use an obvious soundtrack. Whenever they look back to the dawn of humanity, they will use ominous, foreboding music; surely people knew how to have fun back then? I'd like to see an anthropology documentary set to the Benny Hill theme.

Petty Hates

Post 13742

Bluebottle

I saw quite a dreadful documentary a few years ago, entitled 'When Dinosaurs Ruled... Europe', part of the 'When Dinosaurs Ruled...' series. As well as the terribly predictable soundtrack (jungle drums – not that dinosaurs are known for their love of percussion) they introduced their discussion on dinosaur discoveries in Spain by showing a shot of the Needles, Isle of Wight. It isn't even remotely close.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 13743

Pink Paisley

Ahem.

'not that dinosaurs are known for their love of percussion'.

Not that the percussion section here is of the highest quality, but on the whole, this is pretty percussive. There are a few glimpses of dinosaurs here playing drums. Provided that you don't get distracted by the, er, mammals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtvakawa-k

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13744

Dr Anthea - Artist, Ninja, Potter..?

Sunday service public transport

Petty Hates

Post 13745

swl - Cool! I live on a battlefield

Waking up to a house covered in feathers because the cats brought a bird in to shred last night smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 13746

ITIWBS

The feral cats having deserted the place, the kangaroo rats having a population explosion.

Petty Hates

Post 13747

Bluebottle

Swimming pool lifeguards who constantly blow their whistles, with no indication of who they are whistling at or why.
I don't wear my glasses when swimming and find it hard enough to work out what's going on at the best of times.

<BB

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more