A Conversation for Ask h2g2
Icy North Posted Last Week
The Olympic Games are a great alternative to war, In terms of wanting to beat Johnny Foreigner at something.
I've been enjoying the taekwondo. You spend 5 minutes trying to kick each other's heads in, then have a little hug and enjoy a drink together in the bar.
Teasswill Posted 6 Days Ago
Next PH is that they're now talking about honours for medal winners.
Isn't the medal reward enough? What about all those who worked hard & tried their best, but someone else was that bit faster/stronger etc.
But then I have a dislike of the honours system as it is anyway.
ITIWBS Posted 6 Days Ago
On winks and eyebrow raising, training worked for me, though I failed first time I tried.
I can also wiggle my ears, one at a time.
People who can wiggle both together usually haven't any difficulty learning to wiggle one at a time with a little effort.
John Wayne could do it.
Cheerful Dragon Posted 4 Days Ago
Baron Grim Posted 4 Days Ago
I love the stench of nostalgia for early '80s MTV.
Icy North Posted 3 Days Ago
PH: people who accuse you of being argumentative.
Why? Because there's no logical response. Choose between:
a) "No, I'm not trying to be argumentative I tell you", and
b) "Yes, I'm being argumentative - I couldn't agree with you more".
Lusus Posted 2 Days Ago
PH: Horrible people in the world who have far too much detrimental influence, especially those who are hypercritically deeply offended when their pseudo 'respectability' and social standing is brought into question. Examples of such people include (in no particular order):
1/ Katie Hopkins
2/ Donald Trump
3/ Nigel Farage
4/ Vladimir Putin
There's plenty more but that's a taster of what and who I mean.
Baron Grim Posted Yesterday
It didn't get a lot of coverage here, but Donald Trump brought Nigel Farage to a rally in Mississippi so they could congratulate each other for Brexit, walls, how they'll both get rid of furriners or something along those lines.
Most people there in Mississippi have no idea who Farage is, but apparently this really appealed to the so called "Alt Right" folks who Breitbart caters to. They also are trying to make a thing of labeling Hillary Clinton as "America's Angela Merkel". Apparently, (according to some folks on the Rachel Maddow show) this appeals to the racists in the alt right because they consider Merkel some sort of race traitor for allowing so many refugees into Germany.
Obviously Trump is being fed this stuff from his new, former Breitbart, campaign manager as he pronounced her name "AN-jel-lah".
Key: Complain about this post
- 16181: Icy North (Last Week)
- 16182: Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper..." (6 Days Ago)
- 16183: Teasswill (6 Days Ago)
- 16184: ITIWBS (6 Days Ago)
- 16185: Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper..." (4 Days Ago)
- 16186: Baron Grim (4 Days Ago)
- 16187: Cheerful Dragon (4 Days Ago)
- 16188: Baron Grim (4 Days Ago)
- 16189: Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper..." (3 Days Ago)
- 16190: Pink Paisley (3 Days Ago)
- 16191: Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper..." (3 Days Ago)
- 16192: Icy North (3 Days Ago)
- 16193: Icy North (3 Days Ago)
- 16194: Lusus (2 Days Ago)
- 16195: Mr. X ---> "You may be a king or a little street-sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the Reaper..." (2 Days Ago)
- 16196: Baron Grim (Yesterday)