A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 13701

KB

True...

But then, it's true for any petty hate. If you don't notice it happening it's hard for it to annoy you.

Petty Hates

Post 13702

swl - Cool! I live on a battlefield

Oh I dunno, the Wee Frees are in a state of perpetual irritation at the possibility of someone, somewhere enjoying themselves at any given moment.

Petty Hates

Post 13703

Pink Paisley

Wide computer screens. Who thought that they were a good idea?

My employers have started issuing us with widescreen laptops. oddly enough, we don't spend more than 5 or 6 hours a day watching DVDs at work. Most of what we do involves portrait shaped documents. Our record keeping system works up an down rather than side to side. Letters and reports work that way too.

And the internet is all up and down rather than side to side.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 13704

Bald Bloke

Unless the screen is big enough to put 2 pages up side by side.
Very useful when reading a reference document while writing something.

Petty Hates

Post 13705

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

I love my wide screen because I spend a lot of time working with massive excel spreadsheets, or two at a time and my 22" wide screen is perfect for that.

PH (again) People. Who. Stand. On. The. Left.
smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 13706

You can call me TC (But now there's someone else who'll be calling me Granny) - Back from holidays

We use wide screens - the incoming orders are automatically scanned and on the one half of the screen and we process them into the system on the other half. Our sister company has two screens for the same reason - I reckon I'd get a crick in the neck if I had to keep wimbledoning from one screen to the other. I much prefer having it all in front of me on one screen.

IT petty hates are endless. Like the one where you hit the Numlock key by mistake and type up a long list of numbers, only to look at the screen and see ..... nothing! but that's probably only about my own daftness and nothing to do with the PC or laptop as such...

Petty Hates

Post 13707

Cheerful Dragon

Accidentally hitting Caps Lock is another annoyance, although that one is usually caught pretty quickly - unless I'm typing a password!

Petty Hates

Post 13708

I use a notebook PC at work, on one of those stands so it's open all the time, connected to a 22" wide screen monitor.

My PH is that I keep losing my pointy thingy, and don't know where I am.
plus I get a crick in my neck peering at the notebook screen.

Petty Hates

Post 13709

swl - Cool! I live on a battlefield

It's important to know where your nipples are at all times.

Petty Hates

Post 13710

smiley - yikes

Petty Hates

Post 13711

Pink Paisley

All three of them.

PP.

Key: Complain about this post