A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 16541

ITIWBS

Though I restrain myself from making such noises in public, in private I don't trouble to.

Petty Hates

Post 16542

ITIWBS

Really, it was the "oooh"s and "ow"s (with a downright feline accent) I was thinking of.

Petty Hates

Post 16543

Baron Grim

I've had ongoing coccydynia for well over a year now and if I sit wrong or on certain types of sofas or chairs I'll make rather pathetic sounds and take way too long to stand up again.

Petty Hates

Post 16544

You can call me TC

I shall make it a belated new year's resolution not to grunt. That involves using more muscles to sit down properly and not just flop, so it's quite a valid resolution. Wish me luck!

Petty Hates

Post 16545

Orcus

Watch straps. Every time one of us buy's the other a watch for Christmas/Birthday there is yet another reinvention of something that ain't broke. The strap clasp.

Spending 20 minutes having to work the blooming thing out without breaking it is really very irritating.

Petty Hates

Post 16546

Florida Sailor -2017, let us all hope for the best!

I only buy pocket watches, the chains haven't changed in the last century or sosmiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 16547

Baron Grim

I have thick wrists and have a heck of time finding large enough watchbands. All but one of the "large" ones I have require me to use the last hole. That one that doesn't just proves to me that the others lie.

Petty Hates

Post 16548

Cheerful Dragon

I have replaced the straps on some of my watches with expanding bracelets. They're easier to put on than fiddling with a buckle or clasp.

Petty Hates

Post 16549

Teasswill

I have the opposite problem to the Baron - my wrists are very thin & I end up with loads of strap flapping about. I've now got a metal strap with a clasp, had several links taken out & I find this better, although it does slip about a lot.

Petty Hates

Post 16550

Baron Grim

The next time I order a watch band I'm probably going to go with the "NATO" G10 style watch strap.

http://gearpatrol.com/2014/01/07/icon-nato-strap/

Petty Hates

Post 16551

Sho - with added slapping hand

my dad always had those straps - in Regimental colours :D

Key: Complain about this post