A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14621

KB

PH: Dead rodents. I think something must have died in the utility room, because there is the unmistakable smell of mushy peas mixed with urea and sweaty feet. smiley - ill

Tomorrow morning I'll need to haul all the units out and find the cause, and give the place a damn good clean. It's a lethal smell.

Petty Hates

Post 14622

Smudger879n

Aye! I can remember the smell of a dead rat, as when I bought our first house, there was a sickly smell, which was so strong, you couldn't stay in the area for long.

When I lifted the floor boards, I found a massive dead rat, that had got stuck behind a cross beam, as it was heading for the damp patch at the front door.

The damp patch was there due a leaking guttering, and the rat had been poisoned in the bakery behind the house. Apparently the poison makes them very thirsty.

Once I had removed it, the house smelled a lot better.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 14623

You can call me TC

smiley - blush I just posted this in the wrong place. Whoops

Going back a few pages - I keep getting e-mails from facebook (and LInkd in) and various other SM sites I've never even looked at, let alone registered with.

Well, I tell a (little) lie. Once there was a link to facebook from here which I followed - this must be some years ago now. Before I could even read what I was sent there for, it asked me if I knew "these people" - and there were pictures of 10-12 people, about two-thirds of whom I DID know. That scared me off for life, and I closed the window immediately.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more