A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 8641

Pastey

I've finally finished Snow White and the Seven Samurai. Not Tom Holt's best book.

Post 8642

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

that one put me off reading any more of his (I'd previously read Who's Afraid of Beowulf and found it brilliant) but maybe that's just an off one?

I started a blog but switched to Goodreads and haven't looked back. I don't always write a lot though.

Just finished a crime thing called Concrete Blonde - all the way through I was debating with myself about just stopping but in the end I wanted to know whodunnit.

Now I'm reading Past It Notes by Maureen Lipman, but i may discontinue this one. I'd totally forgotten how quickly her Guardian columns annoyed me.

Post 8643

Cheerful Dragon

I've looked at Goodreads, and I may sign up one day. Right now, the last thing I need is recommendations for books I may enjoy. Just glancing at it I've already spotted several candidates. I think I'll concentrate on reading what I've already got.

Post 8644

Bagpuss

A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin. I've only just started - no-one's died yet.

Post 8645

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

I'm reading a Feast for Crows - compared to the other three "GoT" books it's a bit plodding.

today I finished Through the Language Glass by Guy Deutscher but it wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.

I'm just about to start Hard Work: Life in Low-Pay Britain by Polly Toynbee.

Post 8646

Cheerful Dragon

I've gone ahead with my book blog. (I may post a link to it when it's up and running the way I want it to look.) I don't want to blog reviews of book series out of order, so I've started Sharpe's Tiger as my tree-book and gone back to A Game of Thrones on Kindle. It's a good job I enjoyed the Sharpe series and the first few of the Song of Ice and Fire series first time round. Re-reading them is no hardship. I'll be doing the same with Jack Aubrey and any other books I have a series of.

Post 8647

Cheerful Dragon

I should have mentioned that any other books I have on the go *will* be finished. I just won't be spending so much time on those as on books I already know and have enjoyed.

Post 8648

Deadangel - Still not dead, just!

Currently reading The Isles: A History, by Norman Davies. Impressive in breadth, as always.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more