A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 8801

Cheerful Dragon

I don't remember reading anything so thought-provoking when I was a youngster. I hope that the target readership of the trilogy appreciate how lucky they are to have books like these.

I've started Simon Schama's A History of Britain 3000 BC to AD 1603. It's been on my bookshelves for nearly 15 years. Mind you, I recently started reading a book about Christopher Columbus which I've had for more than 20 years.smiley - yikes I think my tsundoku has been getting out of hand.

Post 8802

Cheerful Dragon

I've been reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman on my Kindle. I knew that the book wasn't the same as the film, but not how much it differed. I enjoyed both, but in different ways and for different reasons.

Having finished Stardust, I've started Tai-Pan by James Clavell. Complete change of pace, tone, etc.

Post 8803

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

I'm reading Funny Girl by Nick Hornby. I think he writes women very well for the most part.

Post 8804

ITIWBS

Recently finished re-reading "Little Fuzzy" by H. Beam Piper.

An unusual 'first contact' story having to do with a sapient alien species that happens to be appealing, endearing and fun to have around.

Post 8805

Pastey

Still on the Barsoom books, and still enjoying them. About four or five in now (not as much chance to read as usual), and you can tell he's pushing the world/characters a bit, but they're still good.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more