A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 8881

ITIWBS

Strongly reccomended for eyesight problems related to àging, bilberry jam.

They used to supply bilberry jam to WW II RAF pilots to improve their night vision and its thought that bilberries may of contributed to John Muir's recovery of his eyesight during his Yosemite sojourn.

Take it from one who knows, it can really help.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bilberry&oq=billber&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6007j0j4&client=tablet-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Though bilberries are closely related to blueberries, they are distinct and not interchangeable.

I'd reccomend against most pill formulations, especially those described as 'standardized' in the labeling information, which means either that the active component is reduced below the naturally occuring amount or that it has been in some way chemically modified.

Post 8882

Cheerful Dragon

Bilberries may be great for age-related sight problems, and I may try them if I ever have such trouble. Unfortunately, my condition is optic neuritis with uveitis complicating the diagnosis. I'm not sure bilberries will help either condition.

Actually, my Kindle has saved my sanity over the past few months. The print books I've been reading have fairly large print. With Kindle I can have the font size as large as necessary.smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more