A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 8681

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

CD I loved Shakespeare on Toast and recommend it as much as possible. I've tried the iambic pentameter and keeping the pauses to the rhythms thing, and it generally works, although I do tend to count in my head which isn't helpful.

Thanks, Mol, I'll try those.

And ahhhhh Flambards. We watched the TV series at school and swooned a lot

Post 8682

Cheerful Dragon

I have about 20 books that were bought as sets. I hadn't catalogued them because I wanted to get my 'Not Read' list below 100 first. I recently achieved that, so I added these books. One of the books I'm reading at the moment is Does Anything Eat Wasps, edited by Mick O'Hare. It's a selection of questions from the Last Word section of the New Scientist magazine. It's a book I can dip into, so it will probably end up as my bathroom book.

Post 8683

Sho / Flo - what's the difference?

I was going to dip in and out of that and ended up reading it in one go, fascinating information.

Now reading Philosophy for Dummies. Too much brainwork for me early in the morning

Post 8684

Cheerful Dragon

Some of the questions so far have been quite reasonable - questions about bruises and eyebrows, for example. Others have been a bit strange - how fat do you have to get to be bulletproof? is one that springs to mind.

I also have Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze? and Do Polar Bears Get Lonely? from the same series. I'm looking forward to those.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more