A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 8821

You can call me TC

I had a look, but it seemed to be not much different from here or Amazon, in that it was just a succession of comments from people without any two way conversation. I'm not really sure what I'm expecting there, but hey-ho. Also took a bit of figuring out how to work it, as KB says, and there are things you can't see until you've registered. And it only covers the books in English.

Post 8822

Sho - with added slapping hand

not just English, I've read and reviewed at least 3 books in German smiley - smiley

But it's not for everyone. I really just use it to read and sometimes review and keep track of what I've read. Something I was doing here until I found goodreads and a far easier way of doing it.

Post 8823

KB

That's exactly what I'm after, but GR doesn't really do it for me, for reasons I find hard to put my finger on. I might just do it on Excel so I can make it exactly as I want it. smiley - eureka
Or I might do it as a blog. Or even in an old-fashioned paper notebook! smiley - bigeyes

Now reading Corvus: A Life With Birds. I expected to like it a lot more than I do.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more