A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Have a cookie. Have all the cookies. I'm flouncing.

Post 41

SashaQ - happysad

There definitely need to be more badges for things that count (in particular, I'd really like a Guide Editor badge to prove I'm not just sort of an Editor) but there are badges for Edited Entries and for Post contribution...

I don't do NaJoPoMo for the badge, though - every year I've participated, I've made new friends smiley - ok and I really like seeing what everyone thinks of to write about even if not all of it is to my taste smiley - biggrin

I understand how you feel about obligation being stressful, though - bad enough at work, but difficult when you just want to relax and enjoy stuff... smiley - choc

All the best smiley - tea

Post 42

Rod

I prescribe couple of fl ounces of gin with a tonic...

Take a break. Go on a bender. Strut up and down, shouting, screaming, crying...

Whatever.

= = = =

Don't go away

Post 43

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Or just ignore all the nanoparno err, or whatever they're called thinggies... smiley - blush which I kinda am... as err... I dunno... I lack concentration smiley - blush and instead.... pick some nutter to have a totally random conversation with... smiley - whistle

Post 44

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - bigeyes

Well I am so relieved to finally understand why we haven't
had any new smileys since the great Xmas Advent revealing
a few Hogswatches ago. (2011)
smiley - herosmiley - mammothsmiley - winekeysmiley - candlesmiley - suitcasesmiley - cogs
It also is now very clear why every ASK thread that tried
to suggest new ones or inquire as to the state of affairs
was ignored by TPTB and whithered away; a policy that
only raised general levels of frustration all round.
smiley - facepalm
Have we all learned so little about the need to communicate
that we just curl up and blow away in the winds of chains.
smiley - islandsmiley - dolphin

smiley - snowdrop

smiley - ghost
~jwf~

Post 45

Baron Grim

"Winds of chains"?

"Winds of change" maybe?

Or did I miss a pun?

Post 46

My spells smiley - zoom are always hunnerd purr-scent krekt. smiley - witch

smiley - wizard
~jwf~

Post 47

Malabarista - now with added pony

You've got it in one, jwf.

I think they still haven't comprehended just what a slap in the face that was, being told that nobody on this site is creative or artistic enough to come up with our own ideas, or even be consulted on them. It was a matter of "draw exactly this, but smaller - or draw nothing". I picked nothing.

Post 48

that sounds very shit... smiley - sadfacesmiley - cuddle

Post 49

Pastey

Strange, I seem to remember it as:

"Could you draw these?"
"No.They're not by us, and if that's what being an artist entails, I don't want to be one."

Although with more words.

You left not just the Artists volunteer group at that time, you also left the site too. One of those flounces that in an earlier post in this thread said you couldn't understand why people did them.

I'm still not going to argue this with you Mala, but you do seem to be bringing it back up even though you previously said you were dropping it. Mind you, you previously said you were leaving. Something I would rather you didn't do. Mind you too, I'd also rather you didn't rise to jwf's baiting to try and get people arguing.

Post 50

smiley - peacedovesmiley - zen

Post 51

Pastey

Absolutely 2legs, it was a long time ago as internet stuff goes.

I'd love to see Mala stay, and I'd love to see her help out with the Artists again.

Post 52

Nameless Stealth Wobo

I wrote three sentences in my journal then didn't look at it for a month. Then I ripped out the page with writing and doodled on the next page till my hand hurt.smiley - oribsmiley - biro

Removed

Post 53

This post has been removed.

Post 54

Sho - employed again!

Mala I'd prefer it if you stayed too smiley - hugsmiley - tea

if you use Pliny you can just click the X next to the new journals - and I don't think there is any expectation of anyone to read, leave a comment or anything. Some people do because - well h2g2 moves and changes but not so much that we get a like button or whatever. Leaving a symbol is just like clicking a "like" button in that respect.

You can always come to us for a visit - bring that other researcher near you (and some frogs and chickens) the Gruesome Twosome would like that smiley - kiss

Post 55

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Stressful work situation + shortening days + loss of friends + unwelcome mushrooming journal project = angst.

Did I leave out any factors? The things is, this used to be a very large site where there were places you could go to meet like-minded people. It seems to have become smaller lately. This shrinkage bothers some people more than it bothers others.

Has the month-long journal project been expanding in the three or four years that it is been running? If so, the powers that be have a dilemma on their hands. Something that they've tried has worked! smiley - wowsmiley - applause It has also, unfortunately, alienated some people. Will the journal project draw in any new researchers and convince them to stay?

Just wondering. smiley - smiley

Post 56

Just don't mention the war.
smiley - grr
~jwf~

Post 57

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

or the Spanish Inquisition. No one expects it anyway smiley - shrug.

Post 58

but.. who'll look after the smiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - whistlesmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - grovel

Post 59

towelshop

Didn't the Spanish give 48 hours notice smiley - winkeye

I think the journal is a great way to ease into writing, writing a guide entry for a newbie like me can be quite daunting. The journals are quick easy don't require tons of research and I can waffle on about fluff till my hearts content. And bonus ball, I get to meet lots of lovely people. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post