A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

depleted membership numbers

Post 1

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

A2080054
The Fools Guild

A811810
Shadow (smiley - shhhyou ain't seen us ok!)

A1123372
The Assassins Guild

Calling all Guilds members, past (no longer calling in h2g2(THEN get back here)) and present (maybe still in h2g2, but forgot to renew their subscription - (NO subscriptions needed for the Fools Guild - JUST idiots!)

your GUILDS need you!!!

(even RPG's seem quiet - plus the Thingite's)

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/brunel/C598

in fact! are any members of any "organisation" about ??
Has the Twilight Zone entered h2g2 ? and taken over ?
Are any of us here ? Are you here ? Am I here ? Who is here ? Surly not just smiley - aliensmile or smiley - alienfrown Twilight Zone inhabitants ?

I'll go have a lie down smiley - zen

Post 2

Bluebottle

I'm here - but there's not a lot happening at the Beach: A358797

<BB<

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - sadfaceexactly

I might go for a paddle later now thoughsmiley - smiley

Post 4

Wow! a floating purple pop bottle smiley - cool you should have taken a picture of it smiley - whistle

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I was a member of the musicians' guild. I also run the Irish Researchers group and the Loyal Zoological Society. None of these have seen any recent action.

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - ghostsmiley - ghost

Post 7

I know folk move on and good to to them in their livessmiley - smiley
but we need new memberssmiley - biggrin to fill the voidsmiley - winkeye

Post 8

Witty Moniker

If we build it, they will come.

And we ~are~ building it.

We have lots of readers, we just need to get them to register and participate.

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

To tell the truth, I'm more interested in getting the Readers to write entries than to join in the sort of conversations that Prof is talking about here. But you need a solid mass of chatters to provide a background for the writers.

Post 10

Rod

>>We have lots of readers, we just need to get them to register and participate<< : Witty

>>... need a solid mass of chatters to provide a background for the writers<< : Gnomon

. Do we/you have numbers for visitors/readers vs members?
. Are they more interested in The Guide or smiley - thepost - or what?
. Do we/you have numbers/ratios for which forums/fora those visitors/readers visit?

. a bit of a long shot - but do we/you know what kind of subject/content they tend to cluster around?

Post 11

Witty Moniker

I agree, Gnomon. Both conversation and entry writing provide support to a thriving Guide.

Post 12

Witty Moniker

There are statistics that answer your questions, Rod. I will let other volunteers address those, as I don't personally have access to them and I am not certain about the details.

Post 13

Rod

Thanks, Witty

Those questions aren't entirely rhetorical.
If we know the answers, well, you never know...

Post 14

I am like Rod smiley - smiley to be able to "see" various figures/numbers within hootoo

I personally haven't the skills for doing Guide Entries smiley - sadfacebut I do contribute to the Post now and again (smiley - winkeyeat my own level, especially in humoursmiley - biggrin)

Post 15

Bluebottle

I haven't the skills to do Guide Entries either – I just don't let that stop mesmiley - winkeye

<BB<

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

Lanzababy used to keep a close eye on Reader statistics. Recipe entries and topical ones were always the most popular Guide Entries. I don't know about entries versus conversations.

Post 17

Rod

Recipes and Topicals?

Methinks Rod's not suitable for either, poor lad (nor much else nowadays!).

still, it was worth a try, eh?

Post 18

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Recipe entries and topical ones were always the most popular Guide Entries." [Gnomon]

smiley - wow I put my heart and soul [not literally] into recipes, so I'm happy to learn that smiley - smiley. Do topical entries include guides to different cities? That's pretty close to what Douglas Adams had in mind for H2G2.

Post 19

towelshop

Hello *waves* I'm new, where would a person (I use that term loosely mind you) find the RPGs?

Post 20

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Welcome aboardsmiley - cheerup

You might want to stop by at Lill's place A304354

After you have had a look around stop by the Atelier and introduce yourself F38024?thread=8306978&latest=1

We try to be a friendly group and welcome new Researchers.

F smiley - dolphin S

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more