This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Year 3 - where has the time gone?

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

So, a lot of time has passed since last I posted on here,
a journal especially,
I'll admit i intentionally hid in November incase the journal a day thing was still happening smiley - zzz
I've been busy studying and I'm now in the last year of my degree to be a nurse smiley - nurse but I feel... like an imposter a lot of the time, like somehow i've slipped by everyones notice and some day they will realise I shouldn't be here... I guess its not that uncommon a feeling but its hard to explain succinctly.
I am currently with another Adult community team and for the first time I'm actually considering Jobs once I qualify like it's suddenly dawned on me that I've only got 8 months or so left of being a student and then suddenly I will be a band 5 nurse smiley - ermsmiley - yikes
I spent a couple of days with the district team - lets just say leg ulcers aren't one of the joys of life I can't imagine how painful and unpleasant they must be to live with - and so long to heal - I was very worried at one point that a gentleman was going to leave the dressing clinic sans toenails but at least it wasn't sans toes... smiley - ill
I also have a week arranged with the childrens hospice after christmas
at the moment we are on a study break from placement spending a couple of weeks at the university generally being students, My closest two friends and myself have formed what we call a study group but mostly so far it has been used to plan a monthly day out together to get away from some of the heavy nursey stuff,

I have already handed in one essay (on community health) given a presentation to the tutors (restrictive practice use in children) and passed my maths exam (100% woo!) so the year is going well, I have a literature review due before christmas (art therapy - if anyone has any knowledge... ) and another essay due for just after christmas as well as my patient group direction (I always want to call it directive...) examination,

Yay.

Also I had a birthday it was good, I got older chronologically as is meant to happen I guess but I still sort of think of myself as 21 smiley - erm
and we've started getting ready for christmas

I sort of miss this place from time to time but I'm now on Twitter if anyone wants to chat I'm always relatively happy to get in touch although that does mean you will get my occasional dose of crazy through that medium instead of this one, or as well as I guess..
anyway its @DrAnthea on there incase anyone is brave enough smiley - evilgrin
I know some of you are unfortunate enough to follow me already

and thats it I guess, well...

Joe/Khamsin got a Job at the local private school as a tech for D&T and is having fun playing with the laser cutter.

we're still waiting on a diagnosis of Autism for the oldest monster, the youngest is what I suppose would be classed as Selective mute but as they no longer really use that diagnosis he may be following the same path, school have sent the eldest home twice this year so far for having a breakdown in class and refusing to work, and he has missed music lessons and school fairs etc for similar (which makes me quite angry really, some of it is their fault for not giving him spelling to revise before a spelling test ect... dont get me started)

smiley - doctor Anthea

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

afternoon smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileytold you you'd get theresmiley - hug

do you still use amhot etc ? (in code smiley - whistle)

Post 4

not used that one in a while Prof, smiley - sadface too much junk but i'm reachable on (myname)@ red fox pottery (.) com if you can brake the code smiley - winkeye

good to see some of you still read and reply smiley - hug
missed you too Rev, good to see your still around!

Post 5

Superfrenchie

Hi Anthea ! Nice to see you again ! smiley - smiley

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - hugcheers Antheasmiley - smiley

Post 7

You can call me TC

You've come back at a rather slow time, Anthea. There is very little going on, although the November Journals did liven things up a little, but now I can log on and the last post anywhere was like 8 - 12 hours ago.

Post 8

z

Hello

Glad things are going well for you. I agree things have been quite, and I should be back more. I miss here.

Good luck with finding a job.

Post 9

Thanks everyone

I have been thinking about applying to the local mental health hospital they only have one rnld currently employed but are currently looking for more so hopefully I will be in with a very good chance

I have missed the old place, its a bit cobwebby and a bit bumped around but its comfortable and loved

I'm wearing glasses these days, although I keep forgetting to put them on still (I've had them a year now...) just another sign of time passing I guess smiley - laugh

Post 10

z

That sounds like a good plan, are there many rnlds graduating at once? I suspect it will be a fairly small cohort.

*keeping fingers crossed* for your smiley - monsters

Post 11

z

PS - one of my friends phd students is doing a PhD in Music therapy in older people...

Post 12

You can call me TC

We miss you, too, Z. And your lady wife.

Post 13

smiley - winkeye4 and 8smiley - magic BUT 8! bye eck, time certainly has flown by, it's only "2 mins" since he was 1yrs smiley - biggrin

Post 14

the cohort of rnlds at the university in my year is 20 but the university covers a fairly large geographical area and most of the cohort is looking at eather manchester or the lake district for jobs, with one of us as far away as Durham so we're not too badly placed, Learning disability nurses are realatively rare and those that are practicing currently there is a large number ready to retire

smiley - laugh I can't believe my eldest is 8 it wasnt two minutes ago when I'm sure I was complaining he kept us up all night with milk and nappy changes smiley - laugh

The christmas tree is up and the youngest loves the lights and tinsle that go with this time of year I'm off to scotland to visit my mother and grandmother in a couple of days, its been months since I last saw everyone so I'm looking forward to it

The literature review is slowly coming along, its due on Friday... I've done about half of what I need to, its just knowing the right sections to put everything in I'm looking forward to it being finished and then I can forget about it and concentrate on gingerbread men and sticky tape smiley - laugh

Post 15

KB

Have fun in Scotland!

Hopefully you'll get snowed in, somewhere in the highlands, with a plentiful supply of food and drink. That's always been a dream of mine. smiley - winkeye

And good to see you back, too. Even though I see a lot of you elsewhere, it's different on hootoo! smiley - biggrinsmiley - winekey

Key: Complain about this post