This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Self doubt

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I have been thinking lately of changing what branch of nursing I am studying
I want to change from Learning disability to Child nursing
this is partly because I feel that LD nurses are under appreciated and relatively unknown even among other health care workers and I Really dont want to end up working in a care home...

what I do want to do is work with children who may or may not have learning disabilities (I really dont like the term intellectual disability which is sometimes used instead) so I thought it might be better to switch to child nursing and then do some electives in makaton and other communication based practice to help with the LD side of things... I just dont know...

also we've been home-schooling Ephraim smiley - monster for around a month because he's been having a lot of anxiety at school and had a fainting spell which we couldn't ignore, the school maintain that he wasn't anxious and that we're overreacting although the teachers have told us in confidence that they have been giving him his inhaler for his anxiety attacks.... yay
so we've had him at home for a while and have just managed to get him a place at a smaller school that is more inclusive to children with additional needs it even has its own sensory room and the staff were so welcoming at our visit Ephraim is really excited about starting, we are going to do a phased start so that he's not suddenly back full time but soon he will be and it will be a relief for us I'm not sure how teachers manage!

First placement was great I picked up some makaton and a lot of pointers for other communication things like using voice recorded buttons and such but it wasn't really nursing... I've spoken to my personal tutor about it but they say thats just the way things are in first year smiley - erm

I feel a little lost right now
smiley - nursesmiley - doctor Anthea

Self doubt

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

my daughter was a carer in a residential home and it was hard graft with some of the "oldies" she sort of packed it in and transferred to the kitchens

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more