This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Twelve I reckon

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Well I think its been twelve years since I joined the site
(a few days over actually since I forgot and had to look it up)

smiley - erm
and a lot of things have changed
from the 'good old days' which to be honest are so long ago (especially by internet standards) to single sign on... through all the difficult bits and the bbc sell off... to now where we are slowly getting back into the swing of things still but we're still here...

I wore my h2g2 tshirt (the old blue bbc one) to university the other day and was surprised when someone said "oh I remember that site..." it was interesting and if one person remembers or signs up because they saw someone wearing a shirt isn't that a good thing? maybe I don't actually know...

University cumbria is a tiny tiny university in lancaster (its biggest campus I think) it has 2 lecture halls one of which would struggle to hold over 100 people...

I've been learning stuff... its 6 weeks (WEEKS!!) till I go on placement smiley - yikes but I dont know where too yet, and I dont feel like I've learned anything actually useful yet certainly no practical clinical skills although i might learn a few of those actually on placement I suppose.

There is just so much to learn and even though I've done a degree before I feel completely under prepared for essay writing and actually talking to people... I know as a first year student nurse no-ones life will be reliant on me.... I just wish i felt more prepared!

but I do have six weeks to learn as much academically as possible (perhaps they might have one practical skill....?) before being thrown into the stormy waters of nurseship smiley - nursesmiley - nurse

also it's my birthday at the end of the month (29th) and I will be at uni studying (hopefully not 4001 ot 4002 (my least favourite classes))

Ah! and I somehow forgot how hard it is to get up at 6am every day and the commuting... once i get off the train I have a mile walk to the university mostly uphill... we've renamed that hill the hyperventilation hill - it was bishops walk
although I do hope that the walk is making me fitter at least!

so if you find me on site jibbering like a small child just tuck me into a bed somewhere I'm probably exhausted
my lectures run from 9 till 4 monday to friday wednesdays are a half day at the moment but my group wasn't in today I can't help but think the university dosnt really care about the nursing group we seem to be in different rooms and groupings every week but its... interesting

smiley - doctor Anthea

Twelve I reckon

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Twelve I reckon

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smiley29th is booked on my calendar already at start of the year smiley - hug

Twelve I reckon

Post 4

You can call me TC

Well done so far, Anthea. When you're trudging up that hill on a cold, wet, dark, winter morning, just think about how it'll soon be spring.

I somehow knew you were a Scorpio, too.

Good luck with everything.

Twelve I reckon

Post 5

smiley - cheers

Ah I think we are doing some practical things next week!
*happy dance*

I've got some energy back and so tonight I'm off to self defence for the first time since i started the uni course

Yes scorpio is the best astrology sign smiley - winkeye
I think I am on placement for most of the winter so there shouldnt be too much hill trudging

Twelve I reckon

Post 6

KB

I would be surprised if you didn't feel a bit nervous about going out on the placement. I'll bet the rest of them feel the same, too! But you won't be thrown in at the deep end and expected to know everything - you're there to learn, after all. smiley - ok

And happy birthday too!

Twelve I reckon

Post 7

I've just found out what my first placement is... it's at a primary school, i'm going to be a school nurse for a few months!

Twelve I reckon

Post 8

You can call me TC

Be wary of the parents.

Twelve I reckon

Post 9

smiley - erm yes I hadn't considered the parents smiley - yikes

Twelve I reckon

Post 10

KB

There's usually a wee quiet room where they keep all the mops and brooms. If you find that you've got your sanctuary sorted. smiley - ok

Twelve I reckon

Post 11

smiley - laugh
and that one bit of advice is how i ended up spending the next few months in a broom cupboard

Key: Complain about this post