This is the Message Centre for Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim’rous beastie,

Post 1

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I start Uni again next week
Induction is on Sunday (yes a sunday... dont they know students have sleeping to do?)

I have a holiday entitlement of seven weeks including bank holidays which are already set and not open to negotiation and an essential purchases list which inludes but is not limited to

Black shoes: must be flat, comfortable and practical non-slip rubber sole not patent leather or suede. must not be mules, sandals, trainers or ballet pumps smiley - erm so I bought some new shoes... they aren't worn in yet so comfort may be a problem but perhaps that will come with time

Black socks... because red or green would just be silly smiley - winkeye

Coat: Black or Navy, preferably waterproof with a hood. Must cover uniform tunic with a hem below the hip - took me ages to find one because I'm tall(ish) so most waterproof coats only came to my waist - or it could be a women's fashion thing eather way it took ages

Fob watch - because y'know nurses smiley - nurse

and a black cardigan smiley - erm

And then...
Ephraim was in hospital overnight with his asthma again - just as I'd been thinking that two years was a nice long time to wait - and I couldn't help but notice how many actual nurses have coloured socks or patent leather shoes or trainers... how many have a coloured fleece jacket smiley - erm but I guess its the university that wants these things rather than the profession

and I filled in all the forms - even the ones I wasnt told about till last week...

and I've got my funding

it was an unconditional place from the uni but I did get a distinction in my exams last year

so why do I feel so nervous and worried? why do I feel like I dont belong and that I will turn up on Sunday to find someone made a mistake somewhere... smiley - erm

Also with my first loan payment I plan on getting a new laptop - the old one is quite old (windows vista) and the screen is a bit cracked (large black void to one side) and the hinges are broken and no-longer attached to the screen... smiley - erm basically its a bit dead and I dont know what to get to replace it (for under £500) so if anyone has any ideas

smiley - doctor Anthea smiley - nursesmiley - nurse

Post 2

Peanut

Hello smiley - doctor Anthea smiley - nurse

You are a very capable person, with your head on straight I think you will make an excellent smiley - nurse but nerves are normal

Congratulations on the distinction, milkshake and smiley - choc

Do you think you should phone up and check about the Sunday because that does sound odd? Someone may have made a mistake smiley - erm

I don't know what to recommend for a new computer as I don't what your specs are and also it is something that I am not knowledgeable about. £500 sounds a very reasonable budget though and you could probably easily come in less that with some shopping around. It might also be worth getting a student card as sometimes you can get a further discount

smiley - goodluck

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I'll wait nice and smiley - zen till you qualify THEN I'll get poorly and know I'll HAVE a great nurse thensmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Post 4

smiley - yikes Prof you wouldn't!

smiley - laugh

No sunday is right its mostly to check finances and get photos taken for library cards so it shouldn't take too long
I'm already enrolled for the course they do that part on-line

I've seen a few nice looking laptops that would give me a nice block of change out of my £500 that is just the absolute upper limit - I've seen some amazing looking machines for just short of a grand and I'm not about to spend that much on anything unless it also drives me to uni and makes my dinners smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Peanut

I thought I had asked yesterday smiley - groan

How is smiley - monster?

If you do really well in a sale, you could have enough left over for a dishwasher.

We went on a posh holiday for Spiller's 40th, log cabin in the woods, something we have been dreaming about for years, couldn't call it if we more excited about the hot tub or the dishwasher, both were bliss smiley - zen

Post 6

smiley - monster is doing much better,
he was bouncing around most of the day when he was in the hospital he and a friend were throwing a ball around the ward
(i think they were glad to be rid of us at dinner time)

I would need a bigger kitchen for a dish washer, I dont have the space to plumb one in and I quite like washing up by hand it dosnt take that long at the end of the day... smiley - erm
but... there is a steadily growing list of things that could do with replacing but arn't quite dead yet..

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeI'm a sucker for a good looking smiley - nursesmiley - biggrin

Post 8

smiley - erm I don't know what to say to that Prof, smiley - blush

Anyway...

I have been looking at my timetable and it looks pretty full
there is an occasional independent study day every month...

Post 9

smiley - smileyyou'll be great theresmiley - hug

and tell Joe, bringing 2 kids up is dead easysmiley - biggrinbeen there, bought tee shirtsmiley - laugh

Post 10

Peanut

Hey there

Been thinking about you today, I thought a double dose of the good stuff smiley - chocsmiley - choc wouldn't go astray

How you going?

smiley - hug

Post 11

smiley - droolsmiley - chocsmiley - chocsmiley - milk

its... disappointing I guess it could have been so much...
still my guess is that there will be another one soon...

hopefully Westminster will take this opportunity to change and be more representative but I doubt it

Still... games night tomorrow followed by Uni on Sunday smiley - erm
so lots to do can't let it get me down,

wee bit worried about my mother she was very passionate about the whole thing but I'm sure my step dad will keep care of her,

Post 12

Peanut

Hope that you have fun tonight and that tomorrow goes smoothly smiley - goodluck

Have you worn your shoes in a bit?

Cameron is playing a blinder with the devolution issue. I hope Scotland gets what it was promised, the prospects of the English only votes is making me inclined to jump ship and move to Wales smiley - erm

Post 13

I've tried they still need a bit of work smiley - footprints
the soles were very smooth walking on carpet was a bit like ice skating so I've had to get some glue on grip thingies to stick to the bottom

I think no-one is going to get what they wanted except perhaps westminster who donsnt really represent anyone anymore

Key: Complain about this post