A Conversation for GG: The Arklow Pyramid, Wicklow, Ireland

Peer Review: A775929 - The Arklow Pyramid

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: The Arklow Pyramid - A775929
Author: Gnomon - U151503

It's an interesting question whether we should be encouraging really short entries. There's been a tendency to write more and more on subjects, ending up that nobody feels they can write an entry because they don't know everything there is to know on the subject.

This is an experiment in writing a short entry. I'd like to know what people think.

A775929 - The Arklow Pyramid

Post 2

bobstafford

thats very good there are subjects that simply don't have enough meat to produce a large entry. And look what we miss out on.

Experiment successfulsmiley - smiley

Post 3

Bluebottle

I still think it is worth stating the angle of the pyramid (The dihedral angle is 60°, I believe).

I am surprised that this entry hasn't been noticed, but then the articles all tended to arrive in Peer Review at the same time. Only a fool would bombard PeerReview with loads of entries on the same day...

<BB<

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks, BB. You and me both.

I now say "making the total height of the monument 30 feet and the dihedral angle equal to 60°".

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

And now I've changed it to "and the slope of the sides equal to 60°" because the term dihedral angle is ambiguous.

Post 6

Bluebottle

Ah yes – just to make it clear, my comment 'Only a fool would bombard PeerReview with loads of entries on the same day...' was directed entirely at me for doing exactly thatsmiley - doh

<BB<

A775929 - The Arklow Pyramid, South Wicklow, Ireland

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

This is lovely, I don't mind short, sweet articles at allsmiley - ok
My only critique is the title needs expansion, just to say where it is located.

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - cdouble

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

I've expanded the title.

Post 9

bobstafford

smiley - cheers

A775929 - The Arklow Pyramid, Wicklow, Ireland

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 12

bobstafford

smiley - bubblysmiley - magic well done smiley - cheers

Post 13

Gnomon - time to move on

Thank you. Experiment successfull.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for GG: The Arklow Pyramid, Wicklow, Ireland

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more