A Conversation for GG: The Aelric Books of Richard Blake

Peer Review: A760367 - The Aelric Books of Richard Blake

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: The Aelric Books of Richard Blake - A760367
Author: Gnomon - Summer Time - U151503

Some books I've been reading recently. I know this is short, but there's not a huge amount to say about these books without giving away the plots.

A760367 - The Aelric Books of Richard Blake

Post 2

Icy North

What would work well here would be to intersperse a few quotes from the books, to illustrate the points you make about the content and style.

I also think it would be worth mentioning that these are not related to the 'Elric' fantasy novels of Michael Moorcock.

Do you think you need sub headers for each book, where you write barely a sentence on each?

smiley - cheers Icy

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Yes, a bullet-point list might be more appropriate, with the titles in italics and bold.

smiley - run

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I'll dig out some quotes from the books over the weekend.

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm going on holidays on Friday, and I haven't had time to dig out the quotes, so I'm going to put this one on hold until I get back in a little more than a week's time.

smiley - smiley

Post 6

Icy North

Enjoy your holiday! smiley - cool

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

I'm making progress on gathering the quotes, but I'm away for another week, so bear with me.

Post 8

Gnomon - time to move on

Actually, I think this entry could do with summaries of the main characters as well, so I'll withdraw it from Peer Review for the moment and work on it.

smiley - oksmiley - booksmiley - galaxy

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Icy. I don't know whether you're still subscribed to this.

I'm adding quotes into the section describing the books, but I'm not sure whether it works or not. My descriptions of the books are so short that they are being swamped by the quotes. See what you think.

I wonder would it be better to have a separate section for the quotes.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more