This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Wardrobe notes

Post 21

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - drool I bet I'm not the same shoe size as you smiley - laughsmiley - envy Mind, despite having been a male size 9 since I was 16, I've now got a pair of size 8 (male sized) boots, t that fit perfect smiley - huh and a few weeks ago, slipped albeit a bit tightly, in to a pair of fe female size 7 heels smiley - huhsmiley - laugh sizing is a mystory to me.... it doesn't appear to obey any logic or actual basis in any standardised measurement system anymore smiley - wahsmiley - crysmiley - diva

Wardrobe notes

Post 22

Beatrice

I'm a 6 in a shoe, so I don't think I'd be able to send any cast-offs your way.

Now then. New shoes worn again today. My best freied's birthday card to me last year, which is blutacked to my "inspiring" wall, says "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world".

I wasn't looking forward to today at work - had a couple of potentially uncomfortable meetings, including with my boss, and had to come up with an idea for an assignement for a course I'm doing.

Boss was the epitome of helpfulness, and has given me some reading material and free access to his book cabinet for my coursework (I think he was flattered by being asked...)

Wardrobe notes

Post 23

OO>.. good sounding news re work smiley - zensmiley - magic 6! no way!; I just* sqeeezed in to the size 7 heels.... and then very nearly broke my leg trying to walk in them smiley - snorksmiley - laughsmiley - blush and they were only 2 or 3 inch heels I think smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - blush

Wardrobe notes

Post 24

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

You probably went down a shoe size because of all the weight you've lostsmiley - smiley

Wardrobe notes

Post 25

but. surely that isn't even possible?!; I mean... I never had 'overly padded' feet!; and I was a size 9 when I was 16 years old; I@m now 21 (OK, I've had 18 21St birthdays now makes me 38 I think), and basically same weight as I was when 16/17; so... I should still be a nine! smiley - wah I do have tiny ankles though smiley - divasmiley - blush

Actually the size 8, down from a 9, might not be a shoe size differnce; as I think they're really* european sizes now, and so (I dont' know the exact figures), a 9 gets glassed as 42 to 44, Euro size, and an 8, say 40 to 42; I could have always been a 42, size nine, but now I've bought a size 8 shoe that is also a 42 smiley - huh see! sizing is too complicated for mere mortals smiley - wah

Wardrobe notes

Post 26

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Now that I'm home and can take my shoes off... Yep, I'm right--we have nearly the same size feet! My shoe says that my European size is 40smiley - ok

Wardrobe notes

Post 27

smiley - bigeyes but... I have no idea how much differnce there is between a european size 40 and a size 42 or 44. and I have no idea what shoe size I am! smiley - laugh (I was only half guessing at the european sizing; I think I'm something between 40 and 44 in european size; and apparently between 8 and 9 in regular UK size....) smiley - erm although... I think shoes may turn out to be like jeans; the sizes they have on them bare little resembalance to their actual size smiley - snork yeh... I'm wearing 30 inch waist jeans.... according to the jeans labels... yet, whenever I've tried measured myself, with my tape measure.... I can't make it 30 inchs, however much I breath in, or put the tapemeasure at differnt heights/angles smiley - laughsmiley - blush

Wardrobe notes

Post 28

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smileymy shorts are the same smiley - biggrin

Wardrobe notes

Post 29

Beatrice

I need to revive this thread.

Have moved offices, and my daily commute now requires a LOT more walking. So I need slightly re-thought out outfits, as it were (as it wear....)

Wardrobe notes

Post 30

KB

I hope it grows on you! I moved recently too, and I didn't fancy it at first. But if anything I prefer it now.

Wardrobe notes

Post 31

smiley - bigeyes We might move next year... fancy a change. Talking of which. . . I'm getting far better results now, fitting into female clothing than male.... My life just gets weirder . . smiley - weird
*poses in new pink blouse* smiley - diva

Wardrobe notes

Post 32

Beatrice

I quite enjoy working in the city centre! Though temptations lurk at every corner.

Today I'm wearing flat turquoise shoes, blue ankle grazers, blue silky shirt and a "painting the roses blue" fancy jacket thing. And a turquoise slank bracelet that I gave into temptation on last week.

Wardrobe notes

Post 33

Icy North

Are you running a wardrobe agony aunt service? I was going to write:

Dear Beatrice, Can you suggest something to complement a pair of bright white knee-length anti-embolism stockings that I have to wear for 3 days after an op? They have some blue writing on the side of each foot (logo, size, etc)
Yours in hope.
Depressed of Surrey.

Wardrobe notes

Post 34

Beatrice

Dear Depressed,

Those sound like the sort of things an up and coming rapper might sport, so I'd go with that look - baggy shorts that are falling around your hips, and oversized baseball shirt and a massive gold blinging medallion. Backwards facing baseball caps are a bit last-millennium, but by all means try one to complete the look.

HTH!

Wardrobe notes

Post 35

Beatrice

Today's outfit.

Lunch with parents, and taking the bus (i.e lots of walking)

Shoes - flat black Reikers. I bought these last year in St Andrews when I discovered just how much walking was involved going between dance classes and back to the halls.

Dress - Black/ white print with chartreuse hem border. Latest charity shop find.

Cardi - black with stitching detail. It's chilly in the new office, but 2 air-con men have just arrived, so hopefully that will improve.

Jewellery - rose gold watch that was a present from the parents, and black Perspex cuff.

Wardrobe notes

Post 36

I spent a stonking slightly less than ten quid in the charity shop two days back smiley - diva - one sequinned waistcoat, so me smiley - diva and two blouses, including the purple one I'm wearing with frilly eding bits on it smiley - diva - even got complimented on how nice it looked, today, by one of my radiology nurses smiley - diva - she liked the real silver roach too; another charity shop baring; less than ten quid smiley - cool -= ma visit the charity shop again tomorrow smiley - droolsmiley - blush - think I'll wera the sequined waistcoat tomorrow, with a matching pink blouse... - need to buy some skirts... but... W W seems to be... reluctant to take me out wearing a skirt too smiley - laugh

Wardrobe notes

Post 37

Beatrice

Wednesday - day off, so Craghoppers gear for dog-walking.

Thursday - I'd been trying to find a 50s style tea dress by a company called Eliza J. When hunting on eBay, I found another style of dress by the same make, so I bought it, and am wearing it today. It's a very different cut to what I usually wear - straight up and down with 3/4 sleeves. Black and white geometric pattern with a bright pink contrast hem and cuffs. Unsuitable for dancing in. I've dressed it down for office wear with black leggings and flat black lace-up pumps. Black Garmin watch, as I intend to run home (in gym gear, not the dres...) and my favourite statement Perspex cuff.

I think I've got the bags bit sorted for commuting. I need a backpack to hold large items (lunch, documents, gym gear), but also a smaller cross body bag to hold items that I need to access quickly - train tickets, phone, keys.

Wardrobe notes

Post 38

Beatrice

Friday - Gap burgundy skinnies, pink embroidered baseball boots, and a top by a brand called "Save the Queen", but which I now refer to as my Eurovision top, as I wore it to the semi-finals in Vienna. Long-sleeved, black and crimson with flippy black lace bits. It is too warm for the office temperature today - I need to think in layers, really.

Wardrobe notes

Post 39

smiley - bigeyes I have to make you take me clothes shopping one day smiley - droolsmiley - diva

Wardrobe notes

Post 40

Beatrice

Saturday - my 50 parkrun Tshirt! At last!

https://dancingatlunacy.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/parkrun-red-t-shirt/

Sunday - running gear, then a Joe Browns tunic that's too short, but is OK worn with leggings.

Key: Complain about this post