This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

A Bea Ca D 28:11

Post 1

Beatrice

I went to the doctors this week. It was for a complaint so minor that it barely even registers on the annoyance scale, but it has been going on for over 6 months, and when I was having physio on my broken ankle they suggested that if it continued I should get it checked out.

I have a flutter in my left eyelid. Not all the time, but certainly most days. It started about the time I fell and broke my foot, and at first I attributed it to stress, or lack of sleep while wearing a plaster cast.

I'd got that far with the story to the GP, who stopped me to ask more about the fall. He was concerned that a fairly simple fall, not even from a great height, in a 50+ year old, had resulted in a fracture. And so he wants to send me for a bone density scan. He also suggested that facial tics can sometimes be as a result of lack of calcium - did I eat dairy products? Yes I do, lots of them. How about Vitamin D? In fact, I take a daily Vit D supplement. So it looked unlikely that I'd be low on calcium, but I had a blood test just to be sure. The results of that are just in, and I'm normal (or whatever passes for normal in these parts).

Looks like I may just have to put up with it.

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

So you weren't winking at me, then?

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

[In best Humphrey Bogart accent]

Here's looking at you, kid.smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more