This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

Bea packs 25:11

Post 1

Beatrice

It's a week until we go to Disneyland Paris, so I better start looking at what clothes I want to take, and whether I need to go shopping.

First step - check the weather forecast. I've been in DLP at Hallowe'en before, and I remember it being bitterly cold. A quick glance at the 15 day forecast shows that it's likely to be around 6 degrees, with some possibility of rain.

So hats, scarves and gloves are a must, as well as a waterproof coat. I've finished knitting my dark green cabled headband, and I bought silver grey fingerless mittens on Sunday.

I have a pair of burgundy leather trousers that I got in Vegas, which I find are both practical and stylish, so I may travel in those. Add one pair of grey jeans, and one pair of beige Craghoppers trousers, and that should suffice for the 5 days.

Long sleeved shirt in cream, short sleeved shirts one checked, one plain pink, and a few vests in plain colours.

Cotton jersey tunics - pale blue, dark blue and striped.

Purple fleece jacket, and sweatshirt with Mickey Mouse on. Christmas jumper.

Couple of light colourul scarves.

Swimsuit and hat just in case there's a pool we can use.

So far so good - but I need to think about shoes.

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Three pairs of trousers, for just five days? smiley - ermsmiley - blush Mind... i only ever own a very small collection of clothes at any one time smiley - laugh wardrobe has to be smiley - zen here smiley - zen

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Layering works wonders, but you need enough components to keep you warm. And, what if they clash with each other? smiley - yikes

The horror, the horror!

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 5

I'm not even sure I've three pairs of trousers left, (all jeans), which actually are small enough to fit me comfortably anymore smiley - blushsmiley - diva mind.... I so* need to get a pair of leather trousers, but I'm clueless to design/style etc smiley - blush They'd look good I guess.... if I buy these thigh length boots I keep trying to justify the expense of buying smiley - laughsmiley - diva

Post 6

Beatrice

Most of my wardrobe "goes" with itself - most items are non-patterned, and mostly from the "autumnal" palette, so lots of olive greens, rusty orange, dusky pink, charcoal grey.

2legs, I'm amazed you don't own a pair of leather trousers!

Post 7

I'm amazed I don't own a pair of leather trousers! heck... I don't even think I'd know where I could buy such things! black... leather... of course... but... not like biker ones, I guess... just... dunno.... smiley - blush I need a personal sartorial e; eligence coach and fashion gru... who can advise on both male and female clothing though smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I thought *all* your trousers were leather, and in many wondrous hues, 2Legs smiley - disco. What happened? smiley - sadface

Post 9

Beatrice

A slight change of plan means that we have access to a full item of checked in luggage, so my space restricition isn't so bad. I'll add in a set of running gear in case I get the chance to go for an early morning jog. No parkruns in Paris, sadly.

Key: Complain about this post