This is the Message Centre for Beatrice

As I was saying to Gok Wan....

Post 1

Beatrice

Always Look Fabulous is one of my mantras (ALF for short). And I'm very glad I made a sort of effort this morning, even on a rather wet and miserable dress-down Friday. I have on brown linen trousers with chunky high heeled brogues, a ginger Tshirt, cocoa/truffle cardi with apricot inserts, and a big coral and gold statement necklace (bought last week from my friend's Assissi fund-raising stall)

The other relevant strand of this story is that I'd had no Twitter or Facebook feeds on my phone since the IOS7 upgrade. I'd only yesterday managed to sort that out, and so this morning I was checking the latest tweets. And there was the lovely Gok saying "landed in Belfast - signing books at lunchtime!"

Now I'm a big Wan-fan. I love the way he treats women, helps them to maximise their assets, no matter what size and shape they area. So I decided it was worth braving a bit of rain to go and get a signed book.

But what rain! It was torrential, pouring down the streets in rivulets. I got drenched getting to the bookshop, but queued for a signature, and said:

"I know you said on Twitter that you needed a cuddle, but I'm a bit damp - so lets just air kiss instead"

So we did smiley - smiley

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - applause

Brilliant story. How wonderful to meet one of your heroes. Made my day, this. smiley - biggrinThanks for sharingsmiley - goodlucksmiley - starhave an air-kiss and a smiley - cuddle from mesmiley - smoochsmiley - cuddle

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 3

You can call me TC

Did he comment on your outfit?

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

"And you came here wearing that?"

Post 5

Beatrice

We were having a brogue-off smiley - winkeye

Where's that "things I learned from Twitter" thread - I've also just found out from the same medium that my son has passed his driving test!

Post 6

Icy North

Ginger, cocoa, truffles and apricots? Admit it - you were wearing your breakfast.

Post 7

Beatrice

Wouldn't be the first time, Icy! Haute cuisine, haute couture, it's all one big catwalk. Cakewalk?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Beatrice

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more