This is the Message Centre for dreamweaver

calling all travellers

Post 1

dreamweaver

Is there no one out there who is brave hearted and concerned with the quest for meaning? Is there no one willing to accompany me on this journey?

calling all travellers

Post 2

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

The quest formeaning? The meaning of what? please define.
Oh, and 'Well met', BTW.smiley - smiley

/Lost

calling all travellers

Post 3

dreamweaver

for the meaning of life, oh 'Lost in Scotland one', what other quests are there?
smiley - zen

calling all travellers

Post 4

There was the quest for the Holy Grail. That was a pretty significant quest, wasn't it? The meaning of life.... An honorable quest. I shall join you. Where do we start, and how do we get there?

questing

Post 5

dreamweaver

The search for the holy grail can be interpreted literally or metaphorically and the image of a cauldron is so ancient that the quest for the grail may be a re-working of some older tale. All quests share the search for meaning and enlightenment, there are a myriad of paths through the darkness. My quest is to share knowledge and to provide safe space within my circle for people to explore their thoughts and their beliefs. If you want to journey with me, I will light the lamps and ask you to bring a candle. Choose the colour and etch into the wax a sumbol of significance. Then we can proceed.
Blessed be
smiley - footprints

questing

Post 6

*finds a spider-web candle and etches a crude picture of a badger into it*
I am ready. I shall follow. Just one question:
If you'll light the lamps, why do we need the candles? Will the lamps not provide enough light?

en 'light' enment?

Post 7

dreamweaver

"wraps her cloak around her, the days are getting colder but the solstice is still several weeks away" smiley - fullmoon

welcome traveller, you ask a good question but why do you think the candle is to provide light?

Now I need to ask something of you. Spiders are particular friends of mine smiley - spider but of what significance are spiders and badgers in your life?

Please bring food and drink with you next time. I am especially partial to chocolate cake smiley - chocsmiley - cakeand fresh coffee smiley - coffeeat this time of the day.smiley - smiley

Blessed be
smiley - magic

en 'light' enment?

Post 8

Coffee? I am afraid that coffee is against my principles.
smiley - chocsmiley - cake however works a whole lot better.

Why do I think the candle is to provide light? Because that's what they usually do, isn't it?

To answer your question. Spiders have no particular significance to me. I chose the type of candle that leaves a spider web 'skeleton' as it burns down as it was the closest at hand.

The badger have always fascinated me. I can not truly explain why. It probably has something to do with their ability to get run over by a car and walk away.

lesson 1

Post 9

dreamweaver

The badger is the first lesson. If only we could all learn how to be knocked down and to walk away!

Well traveller, thank you for the chocolate cake. Why no cofee? Witch - sorry - which principle is this? What shall I provide for you?

"pauses to make another brew - of coffee of course"smiley - witch

Candles are an aid to meditation. A still flame is a focal point for your consciousness. And the lamps are needed to make sure the candle is lit and not your robes smiley - smiley

winter blessings

lesson 1

Post 10

tacsatduck- beware the <sheep> lie

smiley - footprints
smiley - chick
(smiley - cuddlesmiley - bunny)

picturing not texting?

Post 11

dreamweaver

"Cuts another piece of cake and wonders if it will last 'till sunset"

Wow, so hieroglyphics are still alive and well in this dimension...

smiley - wowsmiley - flyhi or just smiley - online2longsmiley - smiley

picturing not texting?

Post 12

The principle I have about smiley - coffee is that I do not keep it at home. Where I come from about 80% of the population drink coffee, and therefor it is considered rude, almost, not to have coffee to be offered if you get a visitor. But as I am one of the 20% that do not drink coffee, I see no reason why I should keep coffee at home in case someone shows up and wants a cup.
The way I see it, that is the same as asking a vegetarian to keep a steak in the fridge in case a non-vegetarian pops around for lunch. Or asking a non smoker to eep a pack of cigarettes in the house in case a smoker comes to visit.
It's a matter of principle. I do not drink coffee, and therefor should not be forced to provide it to those who do.

The feeling of having been knocked down just to get back up again is something I am well familiar with. IN the environment I work in, that is a very often occurring thing.

*offers another smiley - chocsmiley - cake*

picturing not texting?

Post 13

tacsatduck- beware the <sheep> lie

oh umm I was just walking through and all...heard it was the polite thing to let you know that I had been through and such

smiley - chick
(smiley - cuddlesmiley - bunny

picturing not texting?

Post 14

Your mind is like a motorway. Sometimes it can be jammed by too much traffic. Avoid the jams by never using your mind on a Bank Holiday weekend.

cool name

Post 15

dreamweaver

Your name is intriguing - does it have a special meaning?

food and drink

Post 16

dreamweaver

I also indulge in smiley - coffeesmiley - cake and drink smiley - choc!

Today is Friday and on Fridays I have smiley - choc biscuits

"Yawns and stretches - it was a long night moon watching"

So welcome return, Lost One, I admire the work you do. I have some knowledge of the changes that overcome people when they take part in faceless communication. Their lack of concern for your humanity and their refusal to accept that you are not personally responsible is scary. Where does all their anger come from?

food and drink

Post 17

Misdirection. Their anger is misdirected, as they feel inadequate for not being able to fix their problems themselves. And as i am the voie of the company as they speak to me, they take their anger out on me. I've been doing it for almost 3 years now, so I know how to handle it, most of the time. It's just a matter of having a brutal hobby in your pastime.smiley - smiley

*sits down, lights the candle and reflects*

anger

Post 18

dreamweaver

Anger is a strange emotion, very self destructive and I wonder if that is the reason it is so easily misdirected - because it is safer to project it onto someone else.
Self responsibility is the hardest task of all, we are analysed and counselled into believing we are the way we are because of the actions of others yet we can't change anyone - the only thing we can change is how we feel
smiley - zen

anger

Post 19

dreamweaver

Anger is a strange emotion, very self destructive and I wonder if that is the reason it is so easily misdirected - because it is safer to project it onto someone else.
Self responsibility is the hardest task of all, we are analysed and counselled into believing we are the way we are because of the actions of others yet we can't change anyone - the only thing we can change is how we feel
smiley - zen

anger

Post 20

I have to disagree with you on your standpoint on anger. It is not a strange emotion. It is one of the most primal and basic emotions we have, and a very ugly emotion at that. It is, however, easily misdirected, and it is usually turned into blame put onto someone else. When one feels anger, one wants to find a reason for it, and that means finding someone to blame.

*lights a smiley - santa candle and reflects*

Key: Complain about this post