A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Doctor Who

Post 5301

Lusus

I agree wholeheartedly Coelacanth. TV just can't get any better than that.

Doctor Who

Post 5302

Bluebottle

A beautifully shot monologue that felt tense and powerful throughout – brilliant.
Just hope that the finale matches the build-up.

<BB<

Doctor Who

Post 5303

SiliconDioxide

I've been enjoying Peter's acting considerably since The Girl Who Died.

Where did the first change of clothes come from?

Doctor Who

Post 5304

Bluebottle

Presumably the first time he went through the cycle he just left his clothes to dry and did the rest of the adventure naked.smiley - blush

Although how much time is supposed to pass in his search for room 12? It implies he's been looking a while, long enough for his clothes to be dried.

<BB<

Doctor Who

Post 5305

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit powering television
"smiley - drumroll

can not wait . . . "

Doctor Who

Post 5306

Traveller in Time smiley - tit trying to remember any of the story
"Complex setting, wonderful sonic towel and an American Diner at the end of the universe smiley - wow.

Could nearly glimpse Milliways in the woods smiley - biggrin"

Doctor Who

Post 5307

coelacanth

Interesting. And maybe explains the title of the YA spin off, Class? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/953c5b1f-3cc8-4db9-8184-f1b6567260f1
smiley - bluefish

Doctor Who

Post 5308

Bluebottle

First time I heard it was going to be called 'Coal Hill' - 'Class' is a much better title.

The creators of K9 are apparently trying to raise money to make a K9 film.

<BB<

Doctor Who

Post 5309

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

In Heaven Sent - I found it difficult to watch the Doctor thumping the crystal wall with his bare fist until it was a bloody stump. smiley - injuredI knew he was a copy from the moment he found his wet clothes drying by the fire - so his memory was resetting each time - yet he never, in 4½ billion years - made the decision to use the spade on the crystal wall? Why not? That would have been my first choice rather than my poor handsmiley - bruised

In Hell Bent - I guessed he would be going back for Clara - and her mortification to be pulled out of her own life/death path was very moving. When she demanded to know how long the Doctor had been in the torture - and wanted to know why he'd done it - erm, he was a copy each time so he didn't notice the passage of time (unlike the main character in Groundhog Day) so I don't know quite why she got so upset? I loved that she got her own Tardis and a companion, I was practically drooling, that's exactly how I want my life to end! smiley - tardis

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - tardis

Doctor Who

Post 5310

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

The guitar remains totally lame and annoying. For a while, I thought it might be like the Doctor trying to do something that was supposed to be cool, and oblivious to the fact that it simply isn't. They did that before though, with Matt Smith's bow-tie/fez/Stetson, and a lot better at that, so they clearly know how to do it right. I hope they drop the guitar thing ASAP.

Doctor Who

Post 5311

Traveller in Time smiley - tit unaware of any followups
"Must rerun the X-mas episode again, seems to have slipped out of memory.

When something goes missing you can always recreate it by the hole it left . . . smiley - biggrin

Must have been the 'Jack O'Lantern' this time called Hydroflax. "

Doctor Who

Post 5312

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

How do people feel about the announcement that Moffat is stepping down? I know a few people who will say that it's not a moment too soon.

Doctor Who

Post 5313

Mol - on the new tablet

Yeah my daughter was punching the air and chuffed to bits when I told her.

It's strange, when RTD was running DW, Moffat wrote pretty well all my favourite episodes. And then Moffat took charge and it just wasn't as good smiley - sadface

Mol

Doctor Who

Post 5314

Bluebottle

Well, it was the old battle of quantity vs quality. When he was only writing a few episodes a year, they were really, really good ones. When he wrote several, the quality went down (especially as he was also trying to do 'Tintin' and 'Sherlock' at the same time).

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post