A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Dr Who.

Post 1241

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit online for a few seconds
"The second offtime does ring a bell.

The Scriptwriters will include all suggestions and more in next episode smiley - yikes "

Dr Who.

Post 1242

NPY

"The second offtime does ring a bell."

The cloister bell??

Dr Who.

Post 1243

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I thought the Cloister Bell rang when the Doctor was in trouble, it did in the Children in Need Special that was set between the end of Series 1 and The Christmas Invasion and in Logopolis too when Tom Baker turned into Peter Davidson

Dr Who.

Post 1244

Wolfsubzero

I can't wait 'till Saturday! Whoop! Whoop!!

Dr Who.

Post 1245

NPY

yeah, that's what I was thinking. There's something about trouble and the cloister bell ringing.

Dr Who.

Post 1246

Mol - on the new tablet

I think the Doctor could find himself trapped in an alternate Pride and Prejudice universe and need a quick swim.

Mol

Dr Who.

Post 1247

NPY

smiley - erm Well....smiley - laugh Not toatally opposed to that idea, I have to admit. White shirt and all??

Dr Who.

Post 1248

Galigan

I don't get the whole '2 doctors and one will run off with Donna/Rose' thing. Is it that people are convinced that he's going to run off into the sunset romantically with Rose, or in any way with Donna? At one point even, when someone was talking about River Song possibly being the Doctor's wife, someone said 'but what about Rose?' What ABOUT Rose!? She's an ex companion, she isn't his wife, she never will be, that isn't going to happen that way, not with Rose or Martha or Donna. To me this is very clear, because of how he tells Rose in School Reunion that he can't spend the rest of his life with her, and from all through the past 4 series of the show. He isn't, hasn't been and won't be romantic with any of them, partly because of his character and partly because it would mess up the show's format of Doctor and Assistant. Yes Rose is back, and she loved him, but I see it as a reunion of friends and find it impossible to see it as a reunion of lovers. If anything, he's the father figure she never had. If there'd been some attraction in the same vein as Martha fancying him then we'd have seen if when she travelled with him, and other than Cassandra saying 'you've been looking', which is just normal peeking at someone's body, there's no actual fancying, just very close companionship.

Sorry if that's very round and about, but this issue is something I see on here and just.. well, either I'm missing something or someone else is. Anyhoo, sorry for getting a bit heavy about it.

Looking forward to Saturday! smiley - wow

Dr Who.

Post 1249

NPY

Still dont think River Song was his wife though, either.

Dr Who.

Post 1250

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - okWith you Mol, wet white shirt and allsmiley - winkeye

Dr Who.

Post 1251

NPY

Totally clasic scene. Would be interesting to see the Doc go for a swim in Pemberley's lake. smiley - drool

Dr Who.

Post 1252

Serephina

Someone mentioned the sound of drums before donna was given the cup of water, can't remember who sorry smiley - doh sounded like a double heart beat to me! maybe my brothers mad theory that Donna is a time lord but with her essence trapped somewhere (perhaps that ring?)isn't so loopy after all smiley - whistle

Dr Who.

Post 1253

NPY

Like the Doc and the Master and the fob watches?? Well Rose did say she had some special field around her.

Dr Who.

Post 1254

Serephina

yep

could be interesting to see if anything happens there

Dr Who.

Post 1255

NPY

It definately has to be important.

Dr Who.

Post 1256

Bright Blue Shorts

One quite lovely bit of the episode that I've not noticed anyone mentioning is the bit where TD/DT meets the Judoon and they do their "ho-jo-flo-mo-go" bit and he then responds in kind. An enjoyable side distraction although I thought the TARDIS translated all languages. I don't recall how they came to speak English on the moon.

PS It's "faithful" not "loyal". It may, or may not make a difference.

Dr Who.

Post 1257

Alfster

Excellent nitpick: RTD going for humour value rather than accuracy?

Dr Who.

Post 1258

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

some osterhagen anagrams

Song Heater
Earths Gone
Age Shorten
Erase Thong
Age Her Snot

Each of which could have interesting results.

BTW When did UNIT become the 'Unified Intelligence Taskforce' as opposed to the 'United Nations Intelligence Taskforce'?

Dr Who.

Post 1259

Giford

'Unified' was used in the two-parter earlier this year; I'm not sure if it was used earlier than that. Anyone remember what UNIT was called during The Sound of Drums, etc?

On the 'Rose and the Doctor' thing - remember their last meeting on the beach at the end of Season 2? It seemed that the Doctor was about to tell Rose he loved her, but she faded away before he got the chance.

There's always been the sense of there being something a bit special about the Doctor and Rose - on one level this is because she was the first of the 'new' companions, and RTD felt the need to make her a bit different from what had gone before.

Off-the-wall thought: what if River Song is the Doctor's daughter?

Gif smiley - geek

Dr Who.

Post 1260

RadoxTheGreen - Retired

Or his Mother! (just to be even more off the wall) smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post