A Conversation for Project: Building Effective Websites

Web design project

Post 1

Nireena

Hello. I noticed that the "Building an Effective Web Site" project seems to have stagnated. I left a note at that project's discussion forum a couple weeks ago but the researcher didn't answer.

Rather than relegate it to the Flea Market (since it's now ripe for that), could I take it over? I've already written a series of entries on website design that I could dump in there to start with and then tweak a bit. The starting entry is here: A668252 , and it has the links in it to all the other entries.

smiley - star

Web design project

Post 2

Tango

I have posted a message on the researchers space, hopefully they will respond soon.

Web design project

Post 3

h2g2Support

Hi Nireena.

Anna's looking after the Uni, so we'll let her know about your query. She shouldn't be long...

Web design project

Post 4

World Service Memoryshare team

Hi Nireena - I agree it looks like nothing much has happened with this one. There is a chance that Lifson will come back, but perhaps we'll just have to explain... It would be great if you would take it over, especially since you've done so much work on it already. smiley - smiley I'll add you to the department.

Web design project

Post 5

Tango

Congratulations Nireena, and welcome to the University!

Web design project

Post 6

Nireena

smiley - biggrin Yay! I'll start a new entry for the Uni project and consolidate all my other entries tonight. I'll post here with the new address for the entry, since right now the link takes you to Lief's blank entry.

smiley - star

Web design project

Post 7

Nireena

The new entry is here: A694875. Lifson originally suggested covering the basics of Flash, Javascript, and other accessories but:

1) I don't know them well enough to write a tutorial, and
2) frankly that seems a bit outside the scope of a basic web page tutorial anyhow.

As it stands, I think the entry is pretty much complete. What should I do now?

(PS- does this mean I get to add one of those spiffy "University" badges to my page? smiley - smiley )

smiley - star

Web design project

Post 8

Hi Nireena,

I can either help you find a volunteer Sub-editor to help you look over the project, or if you know someone willing, you can recruit your own. I'll give them the editing rights to the entries, so you won't be able to make any further changes (so make sure you're happy with it before you hand it over). Then when they've finished with it I'll line it up to go on the front page and when it goes up I'll give you a shiny new badge smiley - smiley

How's that?

Anna

Web design project

Post 9

Nireena

It seems LK has rejoined us- I just got a response from him! http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F79290?thread=163421 I think I better wait to see what he says before continuing...

Web design project

Post 10

Okay, let me know what happens smiley - smiley

Uni - Web Design Project - Abandoned

Post 11

Bluebottle

Project Page: A653456
No trace of any entries found.

<BB<

Thread Moved

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering' to 'Faculty of Science, Mathematics and Engineering'.

To current version

Thread Moved

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Faculty of Science, Mathematics and Engineering' to 'Project: Building Effective Websites'.

Duplicate thread - see: F74542?thread=156283

Key: Complain about this post