A Conversation for Homonidae. An over-rated intelligence?

A636996 - Homonidae - An over-rated intelligence?

Post 1

Henry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A636996
Hi. Wrote this in response to current world events. Hope you like it, or can add to it.
Frogbit.

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

My personal opinion would be that this piece might be more suited towards publication in the h2g2 post than in the Edited Guide. What do other people think?

smiley - aliensmile
Mikey

Post 3

xyroth

I think that something quite like this seems ideal for a high level index entry to a number of other entries. it mentions in passing things like species prejudice, the difference between being rational and rationalising beings, and a number of other good points.

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I think this entry starts well, but it stops very abruptly. The section on mathematics says nothing at all, then just ends. Unless you have something specific to say about mathematics, I'd suggest you leave it out. You need to make a concluding paragraph to end the article.

There are one or two minor typos which I'm sure you'll find if you look hard. ("their" should be "they're" at one point)

Post 5

Henry

OK you're right, it's lame, a product of a bad day. It'll be gone by tonight.

Post 6

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

Please don't throw it away. It may need some refinement, but it is a very nice entry to start thinking yourself.
I read it just after the entry A635294 St Thomas Aquinas' conditions for a just war, and it shows some of the mistakes St Thomas made in his assumptions.

Post 7

Henry

OK I'll keep it on the back-burner for a while. I'm not sure how to get it *out* of peer revue. Can I just delete it from my space and stick it back in when it is finished? Anyone?

Post 8

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

You can ask to have it moved to the sin-bin, or just do nothing. In the last case it will go down on the list and stay there where almost nobody ever looks until someone finds it interesting and posts to it.

Post 9

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

If you don't want to pursue PR for a time then just post here and specify a place for the thread (say, sinbin, or the entry itself) and some scout will have it moved away. Letting it 'sink down' isn't a good way because PR ought to be a place for 'active' threads.

Post 10

Henry

Right, cheers Boo. (HI!)
Would some obliging person please move this thread to the sin bin?

Thread Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

Thread Moved

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Homonidae. An over-rated intelligence?'.

Excellent piece of writing, but alas I don't think it is suitable for the Edited Guide. Back to Entry.

Key: Complain about this post