This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I really should post more often...

Post 41

bobstafford

FS i correct motor coaches (buses between cities and towns) are a relaxed form of transport and the countryside is on display to you as you travel. Rail travel is faster but not so door to door as a coach, and the view from the train is not as nice its grimy and industrial.smiley - smiley

Post 42

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - biro

Happy (Dude, not Nerd) used to drive a private hire cab in London. I should ask him if he still does...

Post 43

Baron Grim

I have also always drove a standard and that's a good reason NOT to rent one in the UK. I would keep rolling down the window every time I needed to shift. (Says the old geezer smiley - senior who remembers winding windows up and down.) The brain is split left and right and you can't transfer muscle memory across the haves.

Speaking of which...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8

Post 44

ITIWBS

I'm naturally ambidextrous.

I can still get confused on right/left determinations.

When than happens, my impulse is to slow down and think.

Taken against the demands on reflex in a high speed, high density, moving situation, that can be extremely uncomfortable.

I'd suggest in such a case training in a low traffic area.

Post 45

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Or just letting others do the driving if it's going to be a once-in-a-lifetime-for-2-weeks-tops* kind of thing smiley - winkeye

*Probably not that long, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Post 46

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Our visit to that side of the Atlantic Sea was 15 days, including travel, south-east England, south Wales, Dublin zone and finally Manc on the way out. Tubes in London, trains elsewhere, a bus to Wales and short air hops as needed. I figured that I would rather see that world than white-knuckle my way across with a hired car.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more