This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2014--19

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Rain.

I like rain. At least if it's at least close to vertical--rain should not be horizontal! But if I can be inside, I don't even mind horizontal rain.

We need rain. The average rainfall here is 100 inches a year--80 of which fall between Halloween and Valentine's Day. The last few years, the rainy season (we don't really have summer and winter--some places, you can get a range of 40 degrees F over the course of a day, while around here, it's rare to get a 40 degree difference over the course of a year) has been quite dry (California *has* been in a record-breaking drought, after all). The rivers around here usually threaten to flood around New Year's. This past New Year's, the rivers were as low as they usually are in August.

If it must rain, I really wish it wouldn't rain during the school day--or at least not during lunch recess (morning recess is finished before I get into work). Rainy day recess is awful. It's bad enough when I'm not shadowing a student--find-the-rainy-day-recess-room is not one of my favorite games, especially since my students may be spread over more than one room. When part of my duties include shadowing a student... Well, let's just say that 20 minutes of coloring in an unfamiliar room with someone that has impulse-control issues even when able to run free is problematic...

Post 2

towelshop

smiley - smiley

Post 3

Deb

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Shadowing students? is that a form of supervision, or an impromptu exercise program? smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Yes.

Post 6

FWR

We're used to 'wet playtimes' in England, each child has a wet play bag on their little coat hooks and it seems to run like clockwork. smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more