A Conversation for Faculty of Social Sciences

New Dead Line - 31st Jan

Post 41

a girl called Ben

This is to let y'all know that I am going to drop the bar on the 31st January, and pass whatever entries we have at that point over to the Editors for their own special brand of fairy dust.

In fact I know that they have to go via the sub(s) first, but you know what I mean.

Entries which are complete in their author's opinion, and which comply with the original remit of the project, will be included. Those which aren't won't.

Mina, lovely Mina, can we have some separate discussions about the entries which show a more personal viewpoint? It is arguable that all of thtese entries are personal viewpoints, but some disguise it better than others... smiley - winkeye My hope is that if the personal viewpoints are flagged up with a disclaimer and clearly signalled as part of a larger suite of entries, that they can be included in the project for the sake of balance.

Let me know where this discussion needs to take place, and I'll be there. I confess it is a while since I have read any of the entries, so I am not up to speed on their content and tone of voice.

In the meantime, all the best to all, and a Happy New Year!

Ben

Project: The structure and function of belief

Post 42

(MAC)

NOW HERES A THING........IN SCHOOLS THEY HAVE THE LOCAL MINISTER OR PASTOR OR PRIEST COME INTO THE SCHOOL REULARLY..........TEACHING THE KIDS ABOUT RELIGION AND FAITH....HOWEVER THE EDUCATIONALISTS TEACH THE BIG BANG THEORY.......THIS TO ME IS A VERY DIFFICULT POSITION TO PUT THE KIDS UNDER EVEN I HAVE DIFFICULTY WHEN ASKED BY MY YOUNG TO EXPLAIN IT TO EM.....WHY/

Post 43

a girl called Ben

smiley - headhurts

Thanks for dropping by, Mac, but any chance you could lower your voice a bit. Your shouting is deafening me!

smiley - winkeye

B

Post 44

Ste

All quiet on the Western front...

Any news regarding the project of late? smiley - biggrin

Stesmiley - mod

Post 45

Mina

I'm chasing up what look like promising projects to see if they can be completed before the Uni is totally shut down, any news on this one?

Post 46

a girl called Ben

Do you know any good subs? GTB is kinda busy, and not able to sub this one.

I'd like to get it done, too.

B

Post 47

Mina

I'll put it on the list I am just starting as needing a Sub so that we can hopefully get it in. smiley - ok

Post 48

tourdelux

Master B has made a good start on this. Any idea how long it will take for this to be finished? I hope this can be pushed though as there's some good articles in there.

Wotchit

Thread Moved

Post 49

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The University Admissions Office' to 'Faculty of Social Sciences'.

Project: The structure and function of belief - Complete

Post 50

Bluebottle

Researcher: U148580 - a girl called Ben (Et al)

Project Page: A853751(deleted) - Belief

Edited Entries:
A855371 - Defining Terms of Belief
A546022 - A Critique of Belief
A933635 - Neurotheology - is God in our Heads?
A934283 - The Evolutionary Advantages of Faith
A858936 - The Biological Basis of Belief
A865488 - Why do we have Beliefs?
A853977 - Why are Beliefs held so Dearly?
A937767 - The Stages of Belief
A857694 - The Contradictions of Atheistic Assumption in the Social Sciences
A861347 - Science as Religion
A876594 - Joining and Leaving a Minority Religion
A931592 - Why Someone Might Choose Neo-Paganism Over Mainstream Religion
A915293 - On Medieval Heresy
A840142 - The Perceived Dichotomy Between Sexuality and Spirituality
A933914 - Religion as a Tool for Social Control

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more