A Conversation for Faculty of Arts and Entertainment

Project: The Blues

Post 1

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Name: Blues Shark
Number: U154264
Index Page: A1089993
Title: The Blues
Start Date: 1st July 2003
Finish Date: 12th August 2003
Sub-Ed: Njan (U47349)

Articles:

Where the Yellow Cross the Dog: The Birth of the Blues

Those Lowdown Country Blues: Acoustic Blues

Me and the Devil Blues: Robert Johnson and his Legacy

Sweet Home Chicago: Electrifying the Blues

Second Acts: How the White Man got the Blues

Future Blues: Back to the Land Where It All Began

Post 2

DoctorGonzo

Ooo. I could have a look through the issues of Mojo that I have, see if I can find anything. Unless you're a Mojo subscriber yourself?

Post 3

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Feel free, the more the merrier...I know Mojo have done some excellent photo issues on the Blues,a nd did a pretty good piece on John Lee Hooker, once upon a time.

smiley - shark

Post 4

Mina

Thanks. smiley - ok I'll be doing all the new submissions after Monday, so I only have to do it once.

Post 5

Erm, right, well, the six main parts are done, so I guess they can be handed over to Njan, please.smiley - okA1089993 is the details page.

Are we allowed to dedicate these things or something. btw?

smiley - shark

Post 6

Mina

If you can give me all the A numbers of the pages, and the U number of the sub that you want to take over, then I can change the editing rights. As you've just left the country I suppose you'll have to hope that there's still time when you get back. smiley - erm

Post 7

Mina

Just realised you're still here for a bit longer, so there's time. smiley - pony

Post 8

Sorry, all the information you need is;

Sub ed - Njan U47349

Entries -

A1095248

A1100575

A1102159

A1112905

A1130824

A1142786

Anything else you need to know? smiley - smiley

smiley - shark

Post 9

Mina

All done. Njan has full power over them. smiley - biggrin I hope that you've kept copies, just in case. smiley - winkeye

Njan, you probably have around 2 weeks to get them back to us to guarentee Front Page delivery. smiley - ok

Post 10

njan (afh)

Thankyou, Mina! smiley - biggrin

I've just finished painting most of the house (read: trailer) and my father's arriving from england this afternoon (who I haven't seen since shortly after he threw nyssa and I out of his house in January. smiley - erm).. but I've started reading through the first one and I should have them back within a week, I hope. smiley - ok

Post 11

Mina

smiley - ok

Post 12

njan (afh)

Ok! I'm all done subediting this. There are comments on the first line of one or two of the files (to the nature of <!-- all done editing --> for my reference); I'm in the process of editing those out and then the entries should be all ready to have indeterminate things done with them. smiley - smiley

Sorry this took a little longer than I'd intended.. I've been having quite dreadful problems with my dell laptop (I ended up phoning one of their Senior Vice Presidents - who promptly passed the buck to the Dell CEO, Michael Dell's secretary - she's giving me a new laptop, so it's all well and good. smiley - angel).. but.. yes. All done. smiley - run

Changes included.. converting the many many word nonstandardquotemarks into 's (and I'm sure I've missed some.. smiley - flustered), formatting quotes, tidying the guideml, and formatting the guideml prettily. There were a few grammatical things,but I doubt if those are even noticable.

Post 13

Mina

That's great, well done. Let me know when it's all ready to come back, and I'll pass it over to the Editorial team for a final polish. It should make the Front Page - although I haven't been in the office for two days, hopefully things haven't changed sinceI was last in. smiley - cheers

Post 14

njan (afh)

Ok, all done! smiley - ok..

ah.. holiday, illness? (in the case of the last, smiley - hug)

Post 15

Mina

I had to babysit my brother's step-children for a couple of days, but my mother has that pleasure now. smiley - smiley

Thanks for finishing this in time. I've passed it over the to Guide team, so it should be on the Front Page soon.

Thread Moved

Post 16

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The University Admissions Office' to 'Faculty of Arts and Entertainment'.

Project: The Blues - Complete

Post 17

Bluebottle

Researcher: U154264 - Blues Shark

Project Page: A1089993 - The Blues

Edited Entries:
A1095248 - Where the Southern Cross the Dog: The Beginnings of the Blues
A1100575 - Those Low Down Country Blues: The Mississippi Blues
A1102159 - Me and the Devil Blues: Robert Johnson and His Legacy
A1112905 - Sweethome Chicago: Electrifying the Blues
A1130824 - Newport and All That Jazz: How the Blues Came to the World
A1142786 - A Mission From God: The Future of the Blues