A Conversation for The Seven Wonders of the World

Thread Moved

Post 81

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hmmm... let's see - the Pyramid, the Colossus, the Gardens, the Artemis Temple - that only leaves the Mausoleum, the Pharos light house and the Zeus statue... sure, let's try!

I'll start on the Lighthouse...

...and Bee, congratulations to your new title!smiley - cuddle

Thread Moved

Post 82

Bumblebee

Thanks! smiley - biggrin You noticed!
This Artemis Temple sure is a mystery... This could take a while....
It's fun though! smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 83

Titania (gone for lunch)

I've cancelled the university project now...

...but Gnomon, you'll have to put your entry on the Pyramid up for Peer Review again, it seems...

Thread Moved

Post 84

Gnomon - time to move on

Titania, why have you cancelled the Uni Project? Are you now going to resubmit your Seven Wonders entry to Peer Review?

Thread Moved

Post 85

Titania (gone for lunch)

I cancelled it because, like Bee says, why give up now? Surely we can manage this ourselves, some way or another...smiley - smiley

I'll put the 7 Wonders on ice for a while, until I've got 7 entries to link to...

Thread Moved

Post 86

Gnomon - time to move on

Personally, I feel that University Projects are just a way of getting stuff published without having to get it reviewed. If our entries are good enough, they should have no problem getting through peer review. My Pyramid one is back in there already.

Thread Moved

Post 87

Bumblebee

Ok, then I'll remove the link to the 7Wonders page from the Hanging gardens for now, and then we can sew them all toghether when all the seven entries are edited. Is that what you're saying T.? I guess I have to if we're doing it this way?

Thread Moved

Post 88

Titania (gone for lunch)

*gnaws lip*

Hmmmm... do you think it's better just admitting all the entries concerned right away? Not putting any of them on hold?

Thread Moved

Post 89

Mr. Cogito

I must take exception to the notion that a University Project's sole purpose is to bypass Peer Review. True, university projects don't go through Peer Review, but it does not mean they aren't checked for quality and facts. Mainly, the reason why we have University projects is to incorporate a bunch of related entries into the Guide at the same time with a large amount of consistency among them.

Yes, you could do everything through Peer Review, and I won't stop you. But your first entry accepted will not be able to link to any of the other ones (remember, Edited Entries can only link to other Edited Entries). Your second entry might be taken in a different direction than the first by its subeditor. Finally, your last entry (which I guess would have to be the Seven Wonders entry, so it could link to the other ones) would probably make it in about six months to a year later I suppose.

Well, that's just my humble opinion. I'm not a Scout or such anymore, and I've never personally put something through the University system.

Thread Moved

Post 90

Titania (gone for lunch)

Aha, now I understand it better...

...well, how about we make sure we have all the entries we want/need, don't put them into the Peer Review, but make a University Project once we are ready - then they would all go into the Guide together, with all links related? Have I understood it correctly?

Thread Moved

Post 91

Bumblebee

I think so, but the Colossus entry have already been edited and is now out of my control. But I guess I can update it with the right links later. It's just a matter of getting the attention of JimiX..... smiley - tongueout

Thread Moved

Post 92

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh, Jimi X will fix it, sooner or later - I think he checks all update requests - he recently updated an entry for me... let's see...

...oh, it took several weeks, but he's probably drowning in requests of all sorts - have you seen all those badges on his user page?smiley - online2long

Thread Moved

Post 93

Mr. Cogito

I think that is how it works, but I must offer the caveat that I have never gone through the process myself. I would suggest perhaps seeing if there is an Italic responsible for the University (eg, Ashley or Anna or such), and asking them (on their page or the University) for advice.

I know I sounded rather emphatic in my last posting. Sorry, that's what happens when I haven't had my coffee yet. Sorry if I seemed to be cross. I think you all have done marvelous work, and it is up to you to decide.

Thread Moved

Post 94

Orcus

Chris is in charge of the uni these days smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 95

Bluebottle

So what is happening with this one? It definitely has potential.

I've been to the site of 4 of the 7.

<BB<

Thread Moved

Post 96

Gnomon - time to move on

I was wondering what had happened to this. I think it is still up to Titania.

Thread Moved

Post 97

Titania (gone for lunch)

One of the entries, written by Bumblebee, got modded and I'm not sure why. I've been waiting for a reply from her regarding the reason (which should have been in the e-mail she received) but haven't heard from her.

Feel free to 'tuck in', I'm afraid I'm a bit too busy right now to put in any real effort right now.

A601093 - The Seven Wonders of the World

Post 98

Bluebottle

I definitely think this is worth taking forward. You don't have to go down the University route (but if you did, this would serve as a great introduction with more in-depth entries covering each of the seven) as this works well as it is - but I'm not going to nick this from you unless you choose to place it in the Flea Market where it will be open for anyone to take forward.

Personally I'd like to see you come back to this when you have more time.smiley - smiley

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post