Removed

Post 1

purplejenny

This post has been removed.

favourite color poll

Post 2

BrownFurby

Hello Jenny.

Did you know that one of the most famous of all colour preference surveys was conducted by Hans Eyesenck in 1941. He amalgamated all previous surveys and came up with the "Universal order of colour" which was

1 blue , 2 red , 3 green , 4 purple , 5 yellow , 6 orange

It will be interesting to see how close to this universal order the h2g2 community's colour preferences are.

favourite color poll

Post 3

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Although a h2g2 poll would be interesting, do you think it would be included in the entry? I think more general statistics, eg britain, usa, worldwide, etc. would be much more appreciated.
The entry is great as it is.

favourite color poll

Post 4

Martin Harper

I'm afraid the purple background to the poll, and the fact that purple is always placed at the top of the list, makes your poll scientifically garbage... Oh, and that you've mentioned the colour that the entry is related to in your post... smiley - winkeye

favourite color poll

Post 5

amdsweb

And the fact that a certain researcher has placed the universal colour thing here in the thread - all leads to bias!
I still like the purple entry though! smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Purple'.

Back to Entry

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more