A Conversation for Dizzy The Egg (Underground Mix)

A590041 - Dizzy The Egg

Post 1

Dead Mice

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A590041

This is a revised and edited version of Codemasters' Dizzy Games.

The Dizzy games were very popular in their time and provided a lot of joy for those lucky enough to play them. In fact, they were so good that many sad individuals haven't quite got over them yet and are still wasting away their lives playing them, which just goes to show how great they are... I think.

Anyway, Codemasters' Dizzy games belong in the Computer Gaming hall of fame and I have written this piece, which provides a comical and detailed retrospective on the series, to educate the latest generation of gamers about the adventures of Dizzy. I feel it is only right to let these newbies into a delicious and often under-rated slice of gaming history. In addition, this piece will hopefully remind old school gamers of the brilliance of Dizzy and encourage them to dust off their old games and relive the memories.

A590041 - Dizzy The Egg

Post 2

Mr Prophet (General Purpose Genre Guru)

Woo-hoo! Go Dizzy!

This is a really detailed and informative article; and pretty funny too. You might want to make the language a little more formal if you want to get picked up for editing; or maybe not. You'd have to ask a Scout to be sure. There're a couple of typos, but I wanted to read the rest of the article, so I forgot to stop and make a note of what they were. Still, they should get picked up by the sub-eds if no-one else notices in peer review.

A personal anecdote to indicate how addictive Dizzy was:

I played the game on a Spectrum: no save games, so I'd have to restart from scratch everytime I got killed (since most of the games didn't even have lives). Now I get fed up of trying to move between save points in those incomprehensibly popular (Not-so-)Final Fantasy games, yet I managed to finish Magicland Dizzy, and get a fair way through most of the first four. They were that playable.

And I remember that blasted shark fin; oh yes I do.

The Prophet.

A590041 - Dizzy The Egg

Post 3

Dead Mice

Finally, someone realises my genius... I mean, Dizzy's genius. My plan for world domination is coming closer to realisation. A very informal realisation, but a realisation nonetheless. Agh, what am I talking about?

A590041 - Dizzy The Egg

Post 4

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

There's another thread about this entry, at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/f48874?thread=126544 Please follow the link to post your comments, as *this* thread will soon be put into the Sin Bin. Bossel (housekeeping Scout)

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

Thread Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Dizzy The Egg (Underground Mix)'.

Back To Entry - this became Edited Entry A602894 Dizzy the Egg - the Computer Game

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more