A Conversation for Sacre-Coeur and Montmartre, Paris, France

Sacre-Coeur Sept 2013: Be aware! :)

Post 1

myk

I spent a lovely few days in Paris this year. And visited the church on the summit of Montmatre.
It is a lovely view of Paris, but a very steep hill - so take the lift/tram thingey to the top.

Me and my brother walked down through the gardens, and were acosted by groups of French guys (well they kept saying " We are from Africa!" but i sure they were just locals??), anyway, watch your fingers!
These guys wrap a coupla bits of coloured string around your finger while talking about "Africa!" ( i am from the uk and have had plenty of friends, who really did come from Africa - Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria ... ), and after a minute they have the two bits all wrapped together, and pull it off your finger and tie it round your wrist. Voila! A colouful little string bracelet, like a torque bracelet, which they then expect a donation for!

They are everywhere, and can be quite intimidating - there are plenty of police and soldiers around so do not worry . Just keep your finger in your pocket as soon as you here the word "Africa!". smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Sacre-Coeur Sept 2013: Be aware! :)

More Conversations for Sacre-Coeur and Montmartre, Paris, France

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more