This is the Message Centre for minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

stuck in hopsical. (mouse)

Post 1

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

So I'm 40+3 with baby #2 and the midwife is a little concerned about the volume of fluid around baby and also the fact that baby is not yet down in my pelvis, so I'm sent off to see the consultant for a second opinion. Fair enough as they need to know what to expect when I go into labour.

So off to the local hospital I head for what I expect to be a quick 30 minute reassurance visit. On arrival however the midwife I see isn't sure of bsby's position so she manages to squeeze me into the schedule for a quick scan. We wait and eventually get this done, baby is not in my pelvis, its head is in fact somewhere near my right hip, this I gather is not ideal. Back out to the waiting room and we realise that S is going to have to leave in order to collect R from nursery. Eventually I get to see the consultant. Because of the fact that there is excess fluid around baby and it is not in a good position I am to be admitted to the maternity hospital as a precaution. Go home, have lunch, pick up your bags and head in.

They want me here due to the risk of cord prolapse, where the umbilical cord descends into the birth canal before the baby.

At the moment, as far as I'm aware, the plan is likely to be to try and get baby into a better position and then induce my labour. If they cannot get baby into a good position within a reasonable timeframe then they may consider a caesarian section to deliver baby.

Its currently 1.36am and I'm having trouble getting to sleep, patly due to being very full of wriggly baby, partly because I'm missing S and R, and partly because I've no idea what tomorrow ( or rather today ) holds for me and this baby.

Minismiley - mouse

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - hug

Post 3

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

It must be a bit unsettling, not knowing. I hope they get baby in the right place, and I'm sure the hospital will take utmost care to look after you.

I know everyone will be looking forward to hearing the news of mouselet #2. Lots of love!

smiley - hug

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - rose all will be ok smiley - smiley and you have the hootoo family good vibes heading your waysmiley - hug
congrats on baby No2 as wellsmiley - smiley

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Hospitals can seriously suck (recent first hand experience..... mainly at utter tedioum of them) hope you can be entertained in some way whils there, to keep your mind occupied... (and prevent you getting in trubble; if your anything like me smiley - blush <goodluck) ) smiley - zen I'm sure it'll go fine smiley - zen and.... afterall I'm sure you know who to blame.... if you need, to... either way smiley - winkeyesmiley - sillysmiley - sorrysmiley - goodlucksmiley - cuddle

hang.... on... did you post that message, from inside* hospital? on like an internet connection? I thought that was like a capitble offence?! damnit! smiley - envysmiley - silly

Post 6

You can call me TC

Oh mouse - I hope everything works out for you. Try and relax. There's not a lot you can do at the present.

My daughter-in-law just went through a similar ordeal. In the end the only solution was a Caesarian, which she hadn't wanted, but the baby was in the wrong position (very similar to yours) and was too big.

We're all rooting for you out here.

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Not very long now, likkul smiley - mouse

Good Luck smiley - hug

*starts treading the threadbare Matt* smiley - footprintssmiley - footprintssmiley - lurk

Post 8

I'm making good use of the 3g connection on my phone, I've also brought my kindle and my ipod. There is a day room with a TV should I choose not to pay for the one in my room.

I've seen the consultant this morning and we have decided to try and get things started tomorrow if baby is still behaving ( it was back in a better position this morning) although the induction process can take a couple of days.

Post 9

Sol

It's great that they are keeping a close eye on you, and that they clearly have a plan and are on top of the situation. Unnerving, of course, and still with the waiting.

Good luck. Thinking of you. smiley - hug

Post 10

Witty Moniker

Here's hoping that they bring that little mouselet into the world ASAP. smiley - hug

Post 11

Superfrenchie

smiley - hug Nice to know they're taking good care of you.
"fiingerts cfkossdd" and all that. smiley - hug

Post 12

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

smiley - hugsmiley - goodluck

Post 13

Today must be tomorrow for Minismiley - cheesesmiley - mouse.

Post 14

Baby keeps misbehaving, every time they check, its in a different position. We were almost good to go on Friday, but then baby moved into a bad position again. At the moment they are checking daily until either I get fed up, or we get to 10-12 days past my 'due' date (6 days past it now)

Post 15

that must be so frustrating! (not to mention, quite probably uncomfortable, now, for you!) smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle hope it all........ comes to fruition soon smiley - grovelsmiley - magicsmiley - blushsmiley - goodluck

Post 16

Well baby has to come out eventually one way or another, I just hope its sooner rather than later, and as straight forward as possible. Ideally I would like to go into labour by myself. We can only cross our fingers and see what tomorrow brings.

Post 17

There's a lot of finger-crossing going on in various places right now..... - I'll share a little of that which is going on here with you smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle It'll be fine.... trust me smiley - doctor nature does... occasionally seem to know vaguely lwhat its doing smiley - zensmiley - zensmiley - goodluck

Post 18

Vip

Hospitals are annoying. I'm crossing my wings for you.

smiley - fairy

Post 19

annoying and confusing at times smiley - zen fingers still crossed here... smiley - zensmiley - goodlucksmiley - magicsmiley - mouse

Post 20

Decision day today. If baby is still misbehaving then I think I will go for a C-section, not really what I wanted but its looking likely that its going to happen anyway, and if that is the case then I'm better to have it done sooner rather than later, and by my own choosing rather than an emergency.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more