This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Feeding cat food to goldfish - a dream

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I dreamed that a local pet store owner had to go away unexpectedly. He put me in charge in the interim. There were numerous small fish tanks and one very large one. I figured I would keep my own goldfish in the big tank so I could keep an eye on them. Then I realized that my helpers were doing some strange things like opening cans of cat food and dumping them into the big tank. This made the water very murky, so I ordered the helpers to do a big water change for the health of the fish. I turned my back for a few minutes and saw that they had filled the bathtub with water to be used for the water change.

Finally we got the water changed, and the fish seemed to be doing okay. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

If those had been catfish it would have made sense, of course.
Maybe all fish are catfish in murky waters smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

In that case, don't noodle for piranha...smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Goldfish can survive some pretty murky water! But if they're in a pet shop, customers won't have much confidence in management's ability to provide healthy fish. The dream didn't last long enough for me to find out if my own fish accidentally got sold to a customer.

Post 5

Reality Manipulator

According to online dream interpretation the pet store represents the responsibilities you have in your waking life. Gold symbolises many successful and pleasant adventures coming to you soon. Can[t find anything specific about feeding goldfish the wrong type of food.

Post 6

I may be original in that particular aspect smiley - winkeye. Who will help me turn that dream into a screenplay? smiley - evilgrin

Post 7

Will the roles of the goldfish be speech roles?

smiley - pirate

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

With bubbles...smiley - run

Post 9

Count me out... smiley - run

smiley - pirate

Post 10

It was lucky that the fish ate the cat food in the dream. They weren't finicky. smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post