This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Three-wheeled wonder veicle, a dream

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It was the most amazing invention I had ever come across. For a modest price, I bought a three-wheeled device that I could ride around town. Granted, I had to turn the pedals with my feet and press a button to initiate charging of the battery, but once the battery was charged the speed increased and I could go places quite readily.

Then it developed some kind of problem and wouldn't charge. I was at the library, two miles from home, and dressed only in my bathrobe. smiley - blush

Worse, the library had nowhere to sit down, as the books and shelving had been removed so the place could be painted. Would I have to drag the bike home, or stow it in some out of the way spot and walk home to get my car?

Post 2

ITIWBS

smiley - smileyRemember to coast wherever possible.smiley - biggrin

Post 3

Thanks, I do that. smiley - smiley

I guess the principle was that as I cranked the pedals, the action moved the front wheel and also cranked some kind of generator that charged the battery. The battery in turn kicked in and ran a battery powered engine. Now, there are some very nice models that get power from solar panels, and they cost around $4,000. The one in my dream acted on a motion-capture principle [like the one in Toyota Priuses, and was much cheaper. Maybe solar panels are expensive.

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Do you dream of your w*rk often, paulh? I know I did. Up to several month after my retirement I would dream of horrendous w*rk days where nothing went as intended and the deadline slowly but steadily became a threatening menace smiley - yikes

It's been a while since I last had a nightmare of this nature. Luckily I can usually make up for it by sleeping in so it doesn't affect me for very long smiley - puff

As you can probably guess I still don't miss going to w*rk smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 5

I don't miss the w*rk, but I often dream that my employer kept calling me back to help out when staff was stretched too thin.
Naturally, in such dreams I would forget the login password smiley - yikes.
I would need to go upstairs to technical services and find the stairs melted, so they would be too slippery to climb. If I did manage to get upstairs, the building would start shaking and I would be worried about getting back down and out of the building safely smiley - online2long

Post 6

I have this theory: Maybe my nightmares haunt me because I have been procrastinating a lot private paper w*rk for years. Maybe I punish myself by having nightmares about hard times at w*rk smiley - yikes

We'll see. Only two days ago I pulled myself together and w*rked for 10-12 hours and now most of the paper w*rk is done. I didn't have time to finish it yesterday and today, but will do so in the next few days.

Then I'll see.

smiley - pirate

Post 7

The subconscious, which feeds the dream world, seems to be where a lot of guilt feelings go.

Post 8

Well put, paulh smiley - ok
Makes a lot of sense to me smiley - geek

smiley - pirate

Post 9

I had no memorable dreams last night. Maybe my guilt smiley - monstersmiley - monster were off somewhere else.

Post 10

smiley - eureka Good thinking, paulh! smiley - ok

Usually I introduce the voices in my head to each other and let them w*rk things out between themselves while I take care of my own stuff.

Maybe it's possible to preoccupy dream smiley - monstersmiley - monster in a similar way smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Post 11

I shudder to think of my dream smiley - monstersmiley - monster possibly getting together for an apocalyptic dream smiley - headhurts

Post 12

There is that risk, of course smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 13

ITIWBS

After I retired from my Army job, I had frequent nightmares about missing work, a serious matter in the Army, considering one can go to jail for that.

I guess it just took time for my subconscious to accept that I didn't work there any more, after a couple of decades of steady employment with much overtime.

Old habits die hard.

Post 14

You can say that again. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post