This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Supper doesn't get fresher than this

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I put the chowder in the toaster oven to heat up. While it was heating, I put an egg in a pan of water, brought the water to a boil, and let it simmer for ten minutes. While the egg boiled, I picked a cucumber and half a dozen swiss chard leaves from my garden, sliced them, diced a stalk of celery, and retrieved the hardboiled egg from the pan. I diced the egg, added some olive oil, vinegar, salt, and a little pepper, and tossed the ingredients. By now the chowder was ready, so I ate it along with the salad. smiley - drool

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - drool you can go off people sometimes you knowsmiley - winkeye

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=chowder

smiley - waheven more smiley - drool now

smiley - tongueout

smiley - wah

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I've just decided to cook something with bacon, peas, onions, ginger, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, ground black pepper, salt, olive oil, grated cheese, pasta, lots of smiley - tomatosmiley - tomato and probably some more vegetables - and even more smiley - tomatosmiley - tomato

Come to think of it I may need to buy a bottle of smiley - redwinesmiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 5

Deb

I thought my smiley - drool muscles would get a rest whilst 2legs is on his holidays, but you guys are doing a sterling job of filling in for him!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"you can go off people sometimes you know" [prof Animal Chaos]

smiley - huh I don't understand what that means. Fresh food doesn't go off -- i.e. get rotten -- does it?

Post 7

Thank you, deb smiley - blush

I was just thinking of 2legs earlier today. I miss him. We are running terrbly low on smiley - badgerisms smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 8

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2251727

second one down Paulsmiley - smiley
up north when said, it's always said in humour to a close friend

as in:-

"he won the raffle again"
"you can go off people some times"

Post 9

ITIWBS

Louis Lamour once remarked that he'd oberved that men who'd been living for very protracted times on limited diets in isolated locations tended to pile on the spices when they returned to civilizatio.

I'd add my own gingko biloba to the list.

Francis Marion, the New Jersey Revolutionary War guerilla, had a favorite formulation against hot weather, 1 whole clove per quart of water, brought to a vigorous boil, flavored with just enough vinegar one can taste it (1/4 - 1 tsp), sweetened to taste and after, you have the clove for desert.

The formulation is a potent blood thinner, comparable to aspirin in its effect that way, which accounts for the increased resistance to heat.

(No doubt the fact it had to be boiled also made, de facto, for lower rates of water born disease.)

Post 10

re 5:

If it's any consolation dinner turned out quite well, deb smiley - biggrin

The bacon really did the trick, but I may have used slightly too much fresh ginger root. No problem though. And of course there was garlic in it too - just forgot to mention it earlier smiley - biggrin

I never got around to buying smiley - redwine but smiley - ale worked fine smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post