A Conversation for Gravity

Graviton?

Post 1

Apollyon - Grammar Fascist

The particle that carries gravity has actually been discovered. It's called the gluon and also holds protons together.

Graviton?

Post 2

Cefpret

This is not correct. The gluon actually carries the strong nuclear force. Its range is very limited, so it has only little to do with gravitation.

Graviton?

Post 3

Dr Hell

Gluons? No way José.

The particle responsible for gravity would be called a 'graviton' and it has NOT been discoered yet - in fact it's a bit of a 'holy grail' of particle physics. I think you are confusing things a bit. Cf. Cefpret's comment.

HELL

Graviton?

Post 4

Newt

Protons and Electrons are atracted to each other. Maybe Gravity is just Protons and Electons pulling at each other from different masses. This will also mean that everything has gravity, but if I am not mistaking Newton said everything has gravity. The more matter something has the more gravity it has, so you won't really notice gravity between us and say a table cause the Earth's gravity over rules it. So maybe the reason no one can find a Graviton is cause they might not exist.

Graviton?

Post 5

Cefpret

I find this a little bit chaotic. I too don't think that gravitons exist. You seem to have found a deeper cause for that non-existence, though I don't understand it.

Graviton?

Post 6

BoomerRangBob

I think Newt may be on to something. The protons pulling from one end while the electrons pull from another like tug of war. This may seem a little (very) far-fetched but we are like the little flag in the middle of the tug of war game while the earth is the pool of foreign substance in the middle. I am no where near a physics major so bare with me and my theories

Graviton?

Post 7

Dr Hell

I think it's more a electrostatical / quantum mechanical thing. You can't really describe electrons and nuclei with classical mechanics.

I don't think there are gravitons involved. The mass of the electron is almost negligible compared to the mass of a nucleus.

See ya. (For more info on electrons and stuff check out other entries maybe you will get a clue, there is a good one called Elctron Shells and Orbitals and another one just on quantum mechanics)

Good luck.

HELL

Graviton?

Post 8

arsenal

I do not think that gravity is move of protons and electrons.No matter is given out even under the form of protons and electrons as it is in the light.If it is it would mean that the force of gravity moves faster then the spead of light.

Key: Complain about this post