This is the Message Centre for Catwoman

Altered Images

Post 1

Catwoman

Today is my birthday. I'm 30.

What does this mean? How should I feel? Is there anything to recommend being 30? What was wrong with being 29 for another 12 months or so?

My Mum and Dad gave me a herb-planter for the garden. Is this a sign?

Altered Images

Post 2

Alaska

Hey... Alaska here. I just started editing your piece on How to Fail as a Pop Group. Visiting your page, I see you just turned 30 last week. So did I. Don't worry, it's not so bad. 30 doesn't seem as old as it did when we were 16, does it?

Altered Images

Post 3

Alaska

Hey... Alaska here. I just started editing your piece on How to Fail as a Pop Group. Visiting your page, I see you just turned 30 last week. So did I. Don't worry, it's not so bad. 30 doesn't seem as old as it did when we were 16, does it?

Altered Images

Post 4

Catwoman

You're right there - 30 doesn't seem as bad now as it did 14 years ago. Mind you, it would be nice to be 16 again. Not that I regret much of my life so far, but at 16 the world is your lobster (as they say). Maybe this is it - at 30 years of age one should begin to assess one's life and make suitable adjustments for the future. Or perhaps not. Maybe it's a time of confusion, I mean, one's 18th and 21st birthdays are important, as is one's 40th - but 30? It's another milestone yet seemingly without significance.

I know the answer should be 42, but what if it comes out as 30?

Let me know if you have/discover any insights into the mysteries of being 30.

smiley - cat

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Catwoman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more