This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Weather?

Post 101

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

My newish car has been in my possession or one week now, and is doing great. smiley - ok

Weather?

Post 102

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileyI'm glad your back to being mobile, is it the same make as your "old" one ?

Weather?

Post 103

It's the same model, and the color is not far off -- black rather than dark blue.

It will be severely tested tomorrow in heavy rain and wind.

Weather?

Post 104

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

hope you don't have far to travelsmiley - hugand enjoy the festive time oksmiley - smiley

Weather?

Post 105

The violent storm has yet to materialize. I hope it will be more like a pussycat than a lion.

Weather?

Post 106

JUST enjoy xmassmiley - winkeye OK!

Weather?

Post 107

The storm was ending as I got into my car for the long trip. Everything was fine and fun. smiley - smiley

Weather?

Post 108

hope you, your dad and everyone had a good daysmiley - smiley

Weather?

Post 109

how you doing with the weather ? still bad snow about ?smiley - sadface

Weather?

Post 110

The snow is still here in horrifying amounts. We were below freezing for a very long time. There have been melting periods in the last couple days, with more on tap. It will take a lot of above-freezing days to melt all this stuff.

Weather?

Post 111

I'll bet this one goes down as one of the worst in recorded memory then ? smiley - sadface as long as your ok mate that's the main thingsmiley - smileyand your dad of course

Weather?

Post 112

if we get two or three more inches, this will go down as the snowiest winter on record.

Weather?

Post 113

you just take care smiley - ok in the amount of graft you put in clearing the drive etc, don't take too much on at one go

Weather?

Post 114

It's snowing again now, but the temperature will go up and the snow will soon change to rain and wash the snow away.

Weather?

Post 115

smiley - winkeyeblame the Canadians, it's their snow smiley - biggrin

Weather?

Post 116

I find it hard to believe that they would want it either. smiley - winkeye

There's dripping from the edges of my roof, so the burden up there is getting lighter.

Weather?

Post 117

smiley - winkeyebetter it fall off, than fall in. Some roof angles allow too much build-up and collapse smiley - sadface

Weather?

Post 118

My roof is pitched, but not to any extreme degree. It's dripping off the edges like crazy now. smiley - applause

Weather?

Post 119

on a second thoughtsmiley - smileyI hope that any thawing etc doesn't find it's way into the house/inner walls etc

Weather?

Post 120

I don't seem to have any leaks so far . The water was racing off my roof today. It was almost 50 degrees Fahrenheit, and will be about the same tomorrow. smiley - ok

The only winter with more snow than this winter was the one of 1995/6.
There were huge snowstorms in January, followed by torrential rains and widespread flooding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_1996

I don't think we'll have rain before Friday this week. That gives our snowbanks five days in which to melt before actual rain is added to the mix. If we have up to five feet of snow on the ground, and a foot of snow is equal to an inch of rain, then the melting could be like an inch of rain a day -- not that all the snow will be melted in five days. I tyhink we will be all right.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Weather?

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more