This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Hello.

Post 1

Superfrenchie

I think you mentioned in a thread somewhere that today was your birthday.
So here : smiley - gift

If I am mistaken, you can still keep the gift smiley - smiley.

SF.

Hello.

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - wow

You're very sweet to remember my birthday. smiley - smooch

This morning I went down to the Registry of Motor Vehicles to renew my driver's license. When I got home after that, I found a birthday card in my mailbox from a former co-worker.

What's a birthday without cake? I just finished baking a cake, and willo soon be enjoying a slice topped by yogurt. smiley - drool

Hello.

Post 3

Superfrenchie

Did the people at the Registry of Motor Vehicles wish you a happy birthday? did they have a cake for you? Did they sing? smiley - biggrin

Hello.

Post 4

No to all of the above. A lot of people must have been there on their birthdays, because that's the day when a license needs to be renewed. They were pleasant. I'll give them that. smiley - smiley

Hello.

Post 5

Superfrenchie

Happy birthday!
smiley - biggrinsmiley - gift

Hello.

Post 6

smiley - wow

Thanks!

You remembered my birthday two years in a row. It means a lot to me, since these were the first times that I celebrated my birthday since my mother died smiley - cry. She always used to tell me that she remembered the day I was born.

Hello.

Post 7

Superfrenchie

smiley - bubbly And another one ! smiley - bubbly

Here's to many many more !
smiley - hug

Hello.

Post 8

Thanks, Superfrenchie! smiley - smiley

I took a tip from your mention of Anne Perry's Victorian mystery series. I'm about a quarter of a way through her Agatha-nominated book "Face of a Stranger." So far, so good.

Hello.

Post 9

Superfrenchie

Yes, she's really good at describing the whole atmosphere of that era. smiley - ok

Hello.

Post 10

I agree. Conan Doyle also excelled at that with his Sherlock Holmes stories. "Face of a Stranger" adds a unique twist by having the protagonist try to solve the mystery of who he is even as he is solving a murder mystery. This gives the readers a reason to care about the detective as well as the identity of the murderer. Two mysteries in one story.smiley - smiley

Hello.

Post 11

Superfrenchie

Is this that time of the year already? smiley - smiley
smiley - candle
smiley - cupcake

Hello.

Post 12

It's my birthday. I;'m 68 today.

Key: Complain about this post