This is the Message Centre for Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

There are some things I really care about...

Post 1

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

...and some I have to work really hard to give even a sick dog's dump about.

Guess where this place falls on that spectrum.

Post 2

Recumbentman

What I like about it is that it doesn't require commitment. That makes me all the more committed, in a non-committal way.

Post 3

Almost a Yogi-ism.

I pointed out years ago that the site had become far too pleased with itself. I'm a person who spends most of his time being thoroughly displeased with himself. So complacency and especially smugness are just shades of a red rag.

There is some interesting stuff in PR, admittedly. But I think the site has failed to go back to its roots and concentrate on being a Guide to Life above all else. It's just disappeared up its own arse now.

Post 4

Recumbentman

What would a Guide to Life be like? A bible? God forbid.

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit reading any contribution
"Is this conversation not the less selfcontent side of the Guide?

(I really like the Yogi style it is a stop, a step back and taking an overview of a concept.)"

Not Hidden

Post 6

Not a bible. Where to go, what to see, how to enjoy it, what to eat, drink, admire, etc... Instead of lame attempts at whimsy and quirkiness. I thought my rubber gloves entry was straying into that territory and it was only Rich's video that redeemed it.

There's a great big wide world out there just waiting to be written about. And you don't have to go far to find it, just to the front door. Still doesn't stop people from writing drivel like this though:
A65950257

Not Hidden

Post 7

Sorry, http://h2g2.com/entry/A65950257

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more