A Conversation for What is an h2g2 University Project?

Some Quirks

Post 1

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I know there's an overhaul in progress and all that...

However, I noticed that

- A672248 'Evolution and Creation' *is* completed and it says so under Social Sciences/Religion, but it doesn't say so in the Science/History section

- A595082 'Radar' is completed (I'm quite sure on that smiley - winkeye ) and has a whole SubEd Squad attached: U177581 Whoami? + U182633 Danny B + U190397 Master B

- A481952 - 'Formula One Racing' has been sent through Peer Review

- A562916 The Netherlands; A664571 Dinosaurs Of The Isle Of Wight; A643862 Tibet, Occupation and Exile; and A609752 'The Lives and Works of Gilbert and Sullivan' are finished but the Faculty page still says 'Subeditor: (none)'

- A594731 'The Musical Play' and A664184 'The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who' either aren't projects or there are Field Researcher badges missing on spook's and Paul H's personal space.

... anyway, I'm just wondering smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers
Bossel

Some Quirks

Post 2

Oh, and A894116 'Shipwrecks Of The Isle Of Wight' is missing (how appropriate, erm, smiley - yikes did I say that?)

Some Quirks

Post 3

Mina

Thanks Bossel! We don't mark projects as completed until they have been on the Front Page. And to be honest, as I'm quietly working in the background on this I haven't been keeping it as up-to-date as I should have been.
I'll make sure that I update these the next time I work on it. smiley - ok

Some Quirks

Post 4

great!

smiley - cheers

Some Quirks

Post 5

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

I'd just like to reassure Bossel that 'Shipwrecks Of The Isle Of Wight' has found a safe haven, and is currently in dry dock. After a full refit its course will be charted for a grand launching with full flying colours, marching bands on the quayside and hornpipes on deck and, in the finest tradition, grog will be served.

Some Quirks

Post 6

Yes, I know (I had a peek at 'the shipwrecks of WWII' and I had some comments until I accidently deleted a certain file) and this sounds good! I suppose Mina will be the one to throw that bottle of smiley - bubbly against a ship's hull?

smiley - cheers

Some Quirks

Post 7

Bels - an incurable optimist. A1050986

I don't know if Mina is the sort of person who would deliberately throw away a bottle of good wine. And just look what happened to the Titanic.

Some Quirks

Post 8

Hmmm, you certainly have two points there smiley - laugh

Some Quirks

Post 9

Whoami - iD dislikes punctuation

So when can we expect the Uni to be fully functional? Or is it too early to tell?

Whoami? smiley - cake

Some Quirks

Post 10

Mina

As soon as people stop asking questions that have to be answered. smiley - winkeye

Some Quirks

Post 11

smiley - biggrin So I take it you've read my email, then! smiley - winkeyesmiley - cake

Some Quirks

Post 12

Mina

smiley - erm No. Has it got even more questions on it?

Some Quirks

Post 13

Not about the Uni, but about something else that I think I am right in remembering you said you'd look into. Still, it's best that you return to it *after* the weekend - there's a link attached and we all know how long that might take - I just went to search for DNA on amazon and ended up reviewing the Illustrated edition of the HHGG. The one with the massive photos. It's my favourite print edition of any of DNA's work...

Whoami? smiley - cake

Some Quirks

Post 14

Mina

I'll look forward to finding it on Monday. smiley - ok

I don't think that I've seen that one.

Some Quirks

Post 15

I 'd bring it along to a Meet if:

a) It wasn't so large [maybe once I have my own car]
b) I could attend one soon. smiley - sadface Maybe in the summer...

Whoami? smiley - cake

Some Quirks

Post 16

Mina

There might be an unofficial mini-meet in March, could you make one around then?

Some Quirks

Post 17

March is a possibility - depends when. I might speak to some people around either Oxford or Coventry and see if we can't organise something later in the year, too.

Whoami? smiley - cake

Thread Moved

Post 18

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'What is an h2g2 University Project?'.

Key: Complain about this post