This is the Message Centre for Peta

Community Editor

Post 1

Peta

It's a weird old world. It all began with the Starship Titanic. What a funny beginning. I went to the SST forums to find out how to find Titania's eye. And found a whole world out there. Lots of nice, friendly, funny people. In the end the forum became as much fun as the game. I eventually got my Captain's hat, thank you Jean, and finished the game, but couldn't leave the friends I had made. The interaction between the people, the game and the company fascinated me, it is such a unique set-up. Then TDV took it all one step further, H2G2 arrived and this wonderful collaboration started. It is *such* a brilliant idea. Then H2G2 started to grow. Mark Moxon was appointed Editor. When I got back from holiday I was hugely surprised to get an email from Mark asking me to drop in for a cup of tea at TDV. And so Community Editor. What a wonderful job. I have resigned from my job at St Georges Hospital and arrive at TDV on the 10th October. I can't wait. And it began with an eye on a fictional starship?

Community Editor

Post 2

Craig

Absolutely amazing. Makes me want to move to London and pester TDV for a job. In how many other product areas can a consumer become an employee?

Good luck, have fun.

Community Editor

Post 3

Peta

Thanks Craig. I think it is going to be very very interesting. It is certainly the weirdest way I have ever got a job!

Community Editor

Post 4

Spartus

Yay Peta! smiley - smiley

Community Editor

Post 5

CrazyOne

In my experience, however limited, the best jobs come in the weirdest ways. smiley - smiley Congratulations!

Community Editor

Post 6

Merkin

smiley - smileyVery pleased for you Petasmiley - smiley. Couldn't have thought of a better person for the job. You lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky....

Community Editor

Post 7

Peta

Thanks guys. Right now I feel that I have been lucky too. Happy bunny just about covers it! ... smiley - smiley

Community Editor

Post 8

Spartus

You've been hanging around Ant too much. smiley - winkeye

Community Editor

Post 9

Peta

This 'bunnitis' is obviously catching!

Community Editor

Post 10

Spartus

Well, they do multiply quickly...

*runs away before anyone throws anything at him*

Community Editor

Post 11

Peta

*throws* handy rabbit at Spartus.

Community Editor

Post 12

Pastey

Bit cruel on the rabbit isn't it?
smiley - fish

Community Editor

Post 13

Mark Moxon

That'll be the 11th, I hope Peta. I don't work Sundays! smiley - winkeye

Community Editor

Post 14

Peta

I thought I'd get in early on my first day smiley - winkeye

Community Editor

Post 15

jasevx

Did a bomb land on POV yesterday?

I'm still trying to figure out what happened going into pre-mod, while I was actually waiting for an apology!

See what happens when you're not there Peta! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peta

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more