This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

behind the wall of...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - evilgrin (well should be sleep, obviously... but...) - steroids smiley - sleepy Bob these things are terrible. I guess very few Drs realise how dredful are the drugs they script out to patients, and then, the Drs are rightly perplexed when patients moan, and randomly stop taking the meds, as the Drs just don't realise how totally distructive the steroids are. smiley - sadface

Woke this morning. fine, jumped out of bed, got dressed, visited bathroom, combed hair, etc., etc., put on perfume, came down, put on kettle, filled water glass, had a drink of water, took my levothyroxin (thyroid meds).

within ten minutes started feelign the brain fog descend from the thyroid meds.... smiley - sleepy and fatigue too... smiley - sleepy

Have to then wait an hour before I can eat, after the levothyroxin, so sat drinking coffee, gradually feeling more and more ill.

Cooked up a grill full of sausages (will last for ages), and had a couple with some bread, so I could take the steroids.

just 4 MG of prednisolone today.

2 minutes, and I start feeling ill. - Drs don't believe me; 'but it takes XX minutes to get into the blood stream....' etc., etc., they tell me. - NO it bluddy doesn't . trust me, it really doesn't.

nausea. burning sensation in stomach. headahce. fatigue. brain fog, mild cognitive upset/can't think.
Muscle pain. joint pain. muscle weakenss, body weakness.
Fading of consciousness, feeling disassocaited, disconnected. can't focus, can't hear prpoerly (can't process soudns), thinking slower and lsower.
Sounds then start getting weird, as my brain fails to process them; basically its halllucinating.
So I went back to bed.
Can't sleep, due to steroids. blood sugar going weird. hallucinating, sweating and overheating.
Eventually sort of halucinate/day/dram/sleep/dream a bit, then get up, soaked in sweat, still feeling dredful, muscles aching so much can hardly walk by then.

and its only just gone 2 in the afternoon. - I shoudl start feeling a bit better again by about 6 or 8, ten I can do something, and shower etc. until then, I can't do anything. I can't read, can't listen to radio or music, can't think, can't sleep, can't hardly concentrate enough to read things on the net, so I just try to sit in scilence, and do nothing at all. - if I move slightly incorrectly, like slightly put my foot on the floor at an odd angle, I get cramp from my foot, up my leg, through my back and spine which ends at the base of my skull.

Every. day. smiley - sigh

had some nice cheese for lunch. with some tomatos and cucumber, and r bread.

behind the wall of...

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

slept well woke, about 9 took levothyroxin.. felt rubbish, took prednisolone at 10 after food, felt I was dieing, so went back to bed. woke about 2 PM, feelin g a little more alive, had some bread and sardines with cucumber and tomato, and paracetamol... smiley - sleepy feel about ready for another sleep now... smiley - sleepysmiley - ill although feeling a bit better after the nap, earlier, still very sluggish (I notice speed of thinking and my typing speed and fluidity go way down when like this), not aching too much now though and the bone pain has stopped for now at least smiley - alienfrown no diarrhea which is good (possibly having randomly developed this hypersensativity to the packing agesnts in the drugs, now stopped my multivits and mineral and calcium, etc, to then re-intoroduce them, and see if anything in them is adding to digestive woes...) smiley - sadfacesmiley - alienfrownsmiley - sleepysmiley - vampiresmiley - vampire If I just sleep all day to allow me to handle the effect of the drugs, then I'm just gona be awake all night smiley - dohsmiley - weird

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more