This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

beef stew and sleep

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

More correctly, beef stew and no sleep.
The beef stew was yesterday, but will be today to (and for the next several days too), and the not sleep was last night, this morning and this afternoon; just can't sleep.

I blame the stew.... we ate late, so I didn't take my final steorids until late, and they can cause insomnia I think smiley - doh and now I'm just 'past sleeping' as it were smiley - doh

The stew was gorgeous though.

800 Grams diced stewing eef from the good butchers.
2 large potatos, diced.
2 large onions, chopped.
1 bulb garlic.
2 large green chilis (could have been spicer)
1 tin black beans (not black eyed beans/peas)
cumin seeds, rosemary, mustard seeds, a tiny bit of fennel seed, some mustard powder, wosterschire sauce, beef stock, and a couple tins tomatos. and the slow cooker... and black pepper... and... think that was about it.

oughta last W and I for 5 nights for both of us; had it with garlic bread last night, with rice and some other vegies tonight I think is the plan and probably with bulghur wheet one night.

we've a tin of kidney beans too, but they woudln't fit in the slow cooker, so they may get added as the week goes on, if we need to eek it out a bit further.

made it out, obviously, yesterday to the butchers, for the beef and some black pudding which I've yet to have smiley - drool and thence via the international supermarekt for the tins and veg we got fo rthe stew.

and then I just didn't sleep.

felt quite aweful first thing, but kinda OK now.

Did another experiment with the levothyroxin.

OK, so I knwo the mercary pharma brand just wors for me, it just works and doesn't create the horrible side effects... but I'm getting low on that, but have tons of other brands sitting about in the fridge.

so today I tried the Wockhardt (sp?) brand, 50 McG tablets. Two of them.

OK.... no extra fatigue came on ... no particular brain fog smiley - cool

First smiley - blush bowel movement entirely normal smiley - wow (sorry but after a year and a half non normal movements this is still... kinda something smiley - laugh ).

Second two bowel movements (having two more in itself is abnormal). not diarrhea. But. seriously chemical burning sensation aweful (rather simular to one of the chemo drugs last year, which was particularly good at producing nuclear strength movements) smiley - laugh

h. oh... dear... my journals don't get any beter do they?

Beef stew. insomnia, and then straight onto bowel movements smiley - laugh

W has gone for a nap, so I'm waiting up, incase a parcel I'm epecting full of body shop goodness arrives... whcih it hasn't yet smiley - wahsmiley - doh more perfumme, moisturisers, makeup, perfume body sprays, moisturiser, bath things, hand cream, yeh, just another litle £60 quicd of stuff smiley - blush - I can feel justified in the expense as I no longer spend the best part of £200 or more a month on cigarettes smiley - yikessmiley - weirdsmiley - ale

Right, must go check laundry, the machine has just beped so I can get the stuff than an be tumble dried, into the tumble dryer... smiley - run then... more smiley - tea - I think the caffine is the only thing keeping me alive smiley - vampiresmiley - ghost

beef stew and sleep

Post 2

Odd how I felt so well yesterday, with no sleep. more energy than most days when I have slept smiley - huhsmiley - weird made it out in the evening for an hour or so, which was good, and then did sleep last night smiley - wowsmiley - cool off into town soon I think, need to visit Lush for more supplies for the bath smiley - drool and Boots for some... things smiley - blush

beef stew and sleep

Post 3

Deb

So you waited up for a parcel of Body Shop goodies yesterday and today you need to visit Lush smiley - rofl Your bathroom cabinet must need it's own room smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

beef stew and sleep

Post 4

smiley - laugh
actually the Bodyshop parcel hasn't arrived yet smiley - wahsmiley - wah
but we did get a parcel arrive this morning, of some things I'd ordered from Sweden
smiley - blushsmiley - angel
so, hopefully the bodyshop things might arrive tomorrow smiley - laugh
- I'm not sure one can really have enough smiley - laugh

the Lush stuff never lasts long; its all the gorgeous bath bombs, bath melts, bubble bars, etc., etc., that I use, so they have to be replaced quite frequently smiley - blush - If my joints and bones and muscles are really sore, and other bits can be sore on the skin too, from the meds, then a long hot bath really helps with that; plus as the steroids thin my skin and making bruising etc easier, it can help moisturise the skin a lot too to prevent random tears in the skin (which is a serious worry as I'm immuno-compromised by the steroids too, so open to infection) smiley - zen
and, they smell gorgeous which helps with my brain a lot I think smiley - laughsmiley - blush and its just relaxin smiley - blush
The body shop order I'm waiting on is mainly just moisturisor and perfumes and body sprays and cuticle oil, and hand cream and shower gels and makeup, err... stuff smiley - laugh
I get through a lot of nice cosmetics actually smiley - blush but... it makes me feel good and I've got to spend all this money I've saved by quitting smoking on something other than just* beer smiley - laugh

Its a nice big selection this time from Lush; not been bathing so much until recently, as it was just too hot; and I was really suffering from hormonal hot flushes smiley - puff until a few weeks back (so I still get them now, like today out in the shops it was so hot!; but of course was wearing my coat as it was cold outsie)...

OO, and we visited Boots today too, when we were out, and I bought smiley - blush one of the most amazing things ever smiley - blush hypoalagenic wet whipe things designed for one's smiley - erm posterior smiley - blush - they work! and take away the chemical burning sensation I get constantly otherwise from err going to the loo (I'm fairly certain this is the levothyroxin causing this) smiley - grrsmiley - blush Mind, going to see the GP again about my gastrointestinal problems, next week, unless they really vanish properly over the weekend smiley - blushsmiley - blush

beef stew and sleep

Post 5

Baron Grim

Those wipes are nice, but they lie. They are NOT flushable. They're clogging sewer lines everywhere.

beef stew and sleep

Post 6

To be honest. after a year of diarrhea admixed with constapation and acid burning excriment I don't think I care too much smiley - laughsmiley - blush - hoping one day a Dr might take my request seriously that I'd like someone to pay attention to my gastric/gastrointestinal problems; I notice with interest that the steorid I'm on, prednisolone is counterindicated in people who have a family hisotry of diverticulosis, which, of course I do, smiley - shrugsmiley - sigh

beef stew and sleep

Post 7

Baron Grim

Yeah... Diverticulitis damn near killed my father because of the massive amounts of pain killers and the prednisone he'd been on for well over a decade. The pain killers masked the pain and the prednisone masked the infection until beyond the point where his intestinal wall burst and he became septic. He spent over a year in and out of surgery for resections, having to wear a colostomy bag. When he first went in to the hospital, the doctors said they were amazed he was still walking.

I bought him a Squatty Potty® last year and I think that's helped with his diverticulitis. You might consider getting one. Hell, everyone one should.

beef stew and sleep

Post 8

Ditto!; nearly killed my Dad too... he had problems vfor over a year, that they continually failed to diagnose, until he had to be admited as an emergency, and they cut out half his lower gut, and fitted a calostomy bag; he'd basically not got diagnosed until it ruptured and went to septic blood poisening ... quite how he survived I've no idea, he'd lost so much weight by that point... - in fact so put off the medical profession, he never trusted them to do the reversal, so he just uses the folostomy bag quite happily now, it seems, and he's back to wkr etc, though not so much work as he used to do, as he's now nearly 80, and did have a heart attack too, whilst working/gardening, a few years after the diverticuluosis..... I think its just the vodka and chain smoking that keeps he working now smiley - laugh but actually I guess his always being busy and working helps; up early every d day, chopping wood for the fire, then out gardening to earn money, and back home to do his own gardening, sort out the house, light the fire, mmove his wood and coal about etc., etc smiley - laugh- heck I'm so weak now my ancient father is stornger adn fitter than I am! smiley - laugh

do I dare ask what a squatty potty is? smiley - laughsmiley - blush - I'm getting things 'back there' under control, now I think, since coming off the dreful brands/makes of the levothyroxin drug... one make I was on gave aweful diarrhea 6 to 8 times a day, whilst the other brand made the diarrhea so damn painful! - a perfect combination.... those two brands also gave me chronic fatigue, on top of the chronic fatigue I have, and more brain fog on top of the chronic brain fog I have... so quite pleased to have discovered that just switching to a differnt make of the identicle* drug can make such a differnce smiley - huhsmiley - weird - but all my hormones can kinda affect the digestive system in one way or another; if I don't take the prednisolone with a lot* of food, it burns my stomach (it can cause ulcers and perforated bowel apparently), the levo if I don't have enough thyroxin can cause slow gut activity, and constapation; but the replacement tablets, can cause both diarrhea and constapation smiley - huh - and I'm not convinced that some of the dammage down to the chemo drugs last year, might be more perminant than one would care to admit; plus, of course, as I don't yet have any adult growth hormone, my bodies ability to repair tissue and dammage unto is wildly restricted smiley - sadface - I'm sure testosteorne and oestrogen levels can affect ones bowels too of course - oddly beer seems to work very well at calming down things, and getting some level of normality in thins gastrointestinal smiley - laugh well, that's my excuss and the extra liquid doens't go a miss either... smiley - blushsmiley - alesmiley - stoutsmiley - teasmiley - coffee Touch wood, so far today, everything ... worringly like normal in the GI department smiley - laughsmiley - blush Might be nice to think one day I can recover it to normal enough to .. er... well... like... smiley - ermsmiley - blush consider ever having sex again smiley - blushsmiley - runsmiley - handcuffs

beef stew and sleep

Post 9

Baron Grim

A Squatty Potty is just a plastic foot stool that fits around the base of the toilet. Our modern sit toilets prevent us from properly opening our sphincters. Getting our knees up a bit further unkinks our colons. I got one for myself and I'm pleased with it.

They made one of the most bizarre and hilarious videos on YouTube that features a unicorn squirting out rainbow ice cream. A fellow dressed in renaissance garb and a "British" accent explains the benefits.

http://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q

beef stew and sleep

Post 10

Deb

smiley - rofl Just when I thought it couldn't get any funnier, the toilet roll came out smiley - rofl

I have to say, though - what have you got to lose? Going twice as fast or your money back smiley - wow

smiley - rofl Genuine LOL moment smiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

beef stew and sleep

Post 11

I so have to get me one of those! mainly, for the amusment factor that my Father will get when I tell him smiley - laughsmiley - snork I find an alternative method involves leaning forward more than one would otherwise normally do.... it kind of lines the 'gut' up more straight, and seems to aid things... smiley - laugh mind, most of the time I have the opposite problem... so to speak smiley - blushsmiley - snork

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more