This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

crash bang bang crash

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bigeyessmiley - zen its started smiley - zen - restoration of the house... starting upstairs, with the bedrooms, today. smiley - zen
We've emptied entirely the main bedroom, and the smallest bedroom, (we're occupying the middle one ATM), and today the decorator/handyman has started.... lots and lots of banging and 'ripping' and ... noise smiley - laugh
I think, today is prep stuff, he's removing skirting boards, a few of the doors, an old ancient gas heater thing I never even knew was there smiley - laugh and then will get on to fill in cracks in ceilings and walls etc, Oh, and removing some fo the old BT sockets we dont' need/use and hammering down floorboard nails, so they can be resanded at some point soon smiley - zen
its so noisey! smiley - laughsmiley - dohsmiley - headhurts
off to hospital this afternoon for a three monthly checkup in oncology smiley - zensmiley - doctorsmiley - nurse

crash bang bang crash

Post 2

Baron Grim

That reminds me, I need to remove my gas wall heater now that I have my ductless system.

crash bang bang crash

Post 3

This was some really anchient old gas heater thing! - pos from late 60s early 70s! -I didn't even realise it was still there; when we had the gas safety check and boiler service last month, we got the engineer to cap it off and disconnect, but only now tetting it of the wall smiley - zen

We now have; sound of floorboards being re-sanded!! already ,wow> smiley - wowsmiley - cool if this all goes super-quick, we may even get the bahtroom done before the wedding too smiley - grovelsmiley - flustered its a race against time really... smiley - laugh

crash bang bang crash

Post 4

oops, I was wrong smiley - doh it was the sound of the walls being sanded smiley - doh

So far today he removed the old skirting boards, some old doors, sanded and suchlike on the walls, and did some hammering down flat some nails on teh floor, tomorrow I think he's filling on teh walls, then more sanding, smiley - zen

We had to leave him to finish off today, as I had the hospital appointment - the house and its contents were still here when we returned, which is nice smiley - zensmiley - thiefsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - bluelightsmiley - handcuffs
Went to hospital.... nurse took bloods, and found a blood letting vessel in my arm first time smiley - wowsmiley - nurse
got weighed smiley - blush ,grr> not lost anything - which makes them happy but doesn't me smiley - laughsmiley - doctor

Saw doctor, who said bloods were fine (which they were),
He also had result of the brain CT from a while back; no evidence of brain lymphoma, which is nice (I nagged them on this question for a year until finally getting an answer today) smiley - grr
told them the never-relenting list of side effects I still have= no treatment for any so nothing they coudl say really...
Had a full physical examintion to check for swollen.... lymph nodes smiley - bigeyes - even got a laugh more a chuckle from the Dr as I apologized for the layers he had to fight through, to get through my skirt, leggings, adn knickers, to check gonal lymph nodes smiley - bigeyes
All fine, next appointment in 4 months...

*sound of killer 2legs comment into Dr* smiley - evilgrinsmiley - doctorsmiley - yikes - posed question of GF replacement to oncologist... ensue confused look; exaplain pathophysiologiy of panhypopituitarism....

Get Dr to go speak to head big honcho lord of all he percieves, head lymphoma bloke...

masmiley - magic
,smiley - cool

head honcho bloke agrees I can have GF replacement without risk/too much risk; they're gona write a letter to my endo prof smiley - zen

- I really shouldn't be so 'hapy' about the prospect of starting lifelong injections daily, of growth factor, but, from my reading it oughta help make me feel a lot better, or at least feel like I'm alive and not just a vague sense of sort of wobbly vague floaty nothingness of sensation smiley - zensmiley - weird - of course will ahve to see what endo prof thinks...

so next oncology appointment end of August I tink smiley - groansmiley - nurse

so exausted today, felt faint most of the day again.

crash bang bang crash

Post 5

and... we're off again.... sanding.... admixed with the sound of a hoover.... smiley - headhurts

Must phone window company today, window bust again, opening mechanism not working smiley - grr - in the room being sanded, which... is not very bluddy helpful smiley - grrsmiley - doh
have a couple wedding invitations I must send off today, and then a random deranged friend is in town later, and says he's coming round; possibly to stay overnight (in which case he can have the sofa...) smiley - laughsmiley - dohsmiley - headhurts just recovering from morning medications, still feeling a bit sick and brain totally vacant still smiley - headhurts Must try get upstairs past the work going on, and into the bedroom to find some clothes so we can head into town, need to visit bank, do a bit of shopping, but mainly need to escape the sound of the sander smiley - headhurts more prep/resoration on walls today I think making them good for painting smiley - zen err... some other stuff I'm ment to do today I think, bu t can't recall it at the moment until the head starts working sufficiently again smiley - dohsmiley - ill a walk out might hlep ease the muscle and joint pain too so must try stir into action soon smiley - zen

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more