This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

i thought....

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

that improvement is expected over time smiley - doh spent most of today in bed. felt fine first thing, right until after I took meds. Think I'll have to experiemnt and just stop taking meds they make me too ill.

i thought....

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Yes, what if you actually have recovered and the only thing that plagues you now is the unwanted side effects of all the medicines you take?

It is indeed a fascinating thought.

But I am not going to advice you. Quackery is not my profession.

(Actually it is my understanding that quackery is no profession at all smiley - biggrin )

smiley - pirate

i thought....

Post 3

Orcus

Unless you are a a duck smiley - bigeyes

i thought....

Post 4

or... a ducky smiley - laugh - every symptom I hav enow is from the medications; even half the symptoms I had during chemo last year may not have been cuased by the chemo, but the endocrine meds I was on smiley - weird
without the meds first thing in the morning, I'm ment to e gagging to get the meds into me, becuase I feel aweful; I feel fine... then I take themeds and feel rubbish all day...

I feel best if I've not slept for two or three days, and at say 6 or AM having not taken any meds for hours and hours an dhours I feel almost normal smiley - weird Gonna try get some sense o out of endocrine prof next time I'm seeing him in clinic, which is... dunno months away I think, see if he's any suggestions as to what to try, and if not I'll just start reducing then cut out the steroids and hope I don't go into crisis or coma, and then see how I am with just the thyroxin smiley - zen Or, I guess beg him to start me on growth hormone which I'm also missing and which seemingly can improve a lot of the symptoms I have but they seemed ultra resistant to putting me on GF, - I'm not exactly over the moon at the idea of self-injecting every day for the rest of my unnatural, but if it means I can function like a living human rather than a walking corpse it might be worth a shot... smiley - grovelsmiley - vampire

i thought....

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - tit: Quack!

i thought....

Post 6

smiley - weird tried something differnt today smiley - evilgrin

Took my drugs in the wrong order smiley - yikes - took thyroxin (levothyroxin) first, then took the hydrocortisone smiley - weird
this is the 'wrong way round', as the endo nurses and Drs are absolutely adament that I must* take hydrocortisone first thing, before even so much as a sip of coffee, or instant death results, or something (they frame it as being that vital...).

Result.

brain worked better, didn't crash or halucinate, and had energy.

Showered early so could go out (last night had so little energy and felt so unstable on my feet I coudln't shower/wash).

Went into town, did a little shopping, went into charity shop to arranve for a bed we no longer need from spare room, to be c collected.

Came home.
tipped out a wardrobe, folded it all up and into massive bag/holdall, took clothes out of top of other wardrobe, folded them into it too.

Moved a double bed into the loft, after W had rearranged things in the loft a bit.

took bed that charity shop are recycling and matress for it, into hallway downstairs, moved ton more junk into loft, clearing more and more floor and rooms upstiars ready for decorator next week smiley - zen

cooked dinner.
didn't nap all day either. smiley - ermsmiley - weirdsmiley - shrug shall do same tomorrow with switching order of drugs, see if it were a one off or a patturn maybe smiley - weird

i thought....

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

That does sound like a good idea, because you had the hydrocortisone issues before they agreed you needed the thyroxin, so the thyroxin does seem to be the key to your starter motor...

I hope you have a good day today smiley - goodluck

i thought....

Post 8

another day spent dismantling bed, moving bed, moving drawers, bags of stuff, and etc., etc., into the loft again non stop all day smiley - cool no fatigue issues (well no stamina like I used to have due to muscles but I kinda knew that...) - lots of tea breaks but, still just been at it all day, then went straight into cooking dinner smiley - zen now its time to shower off all the sweat from moving things, and all the dust smiley - laughsmiley - yuksmiley - zen - did the same today with the thyroxin before hydrocortisone; another thing I've noticed, thought it yesterday, but today defiantely noticed it; the second hydrocortisone dose, now hits me a bit, like the early morning one withou tthe thyroxin before, used to hit me; less so, I guess as its only 5 MG not the morning 10 MG dose smiley - weird

Also noticed I was feeling a bit 'odd' today before I got up, (very late getting up today), and think that was because I was short on the thyroxin... - next step will definately be raising the thyroxin dose a bit (I'm on a very low dose ATM, only 75 MCG per day; most men seem to want something like 125 to 150 McG a day) (mind I' might not be totally abscent in thyroxin, just low - though my natural levels may have altered down further since last blood test; the thyroid might be both due to the panhypopituitarism and also because my thyroid got a bit of dammage, potentially, durhing radiotherapy) smiley - zen

now time to go wash the dust and dirty off me from todays exertions.... and then... see if its worth a short trip to the pub smiley - runsmiley - ale

i thought....

Post 9

Baron Grim

That is low. I'm at 112 mcg/day.

And I've never noticed any actual effects from low thyroid. This was prescribed directly from lab readings, not symptoms.

i thought....

Post 10

really? thats kinda odd; as the lab readings for thyroxin can vary so widely; the 95% of the population are between X and Y, values, for most hormones turns out to be so wide and meaningless as to be... well, kinda meaningless! of course if your like me and get a testoterone reading of 0, its ... fairly meaningful smiley - laugh - even then, last time my reading on testosterone before injection was 'well within' 'normal range' - I was having hot flushes from it being low at that point though! smiley - laughsmiley - blush I'm guessing they might let me increase teh thyroxin next time I see the endo docs, whenever that is- with testosterone they get reluctant to over-inject it, as it can cause problems with blood thickeneing and also of course increase risk of prostate cancer - mind, they're happy enough for me to take the hydrocortisone which has terrible side affects on blood pressure, blood sugar, eventually often giving rise to diabetes, heart problems etc as well as bone thinning; but then I seem to recall I'm already at a heightened risk of diabetes due to genetic, and the chemo side effects over the long term causes heart dammage, lung dammage, increased risk of secondary cancers, and also oesteoporosis smiley - doh - I'm not really expecting to be collecting a pension smiley - laughsmiley - senior

Key: Complain about this post