This is the Message Centre for 2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Purple Princess wedding...

Post 1

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - evilgrin purple, and white. of course smiley - evilgrin

so, already have the full length white dress smiley - diva and the purple Victorian style corset/sincher in purple. smiley - diva The purple suade handbag arrived a while back smiley - divasmiley - handbag Today ordered online silk handkerchiefs, and leggings, in purple smiley - divaand a purple blazer style jacket smiley - diva Just need some purple holdup stockings (then can decide on day between the stockings or leggings, depending on weather I guess smiley - zensmiley - diva The heels are black but I like them, and purple ones are like, well, like trying to find purple hens teeth in a size 10 smiley - laughsmiley - sillysmiley - diva

I slept last night.
that is the third night on a row I've slep, consecutive nights... three consecutive nights of sleep smiley - wow last night's sleep wasn't even aided by four or five pints of beer, as I didn't have any beer last night. smiley - wow

I think that is the first time in two or three weeks I've slept three nights, consecutively smiley - wowsmiley - weird

The testosterone (nabido) injection I had yesterday appears to be working smiley - zen and the leg/hip/bottom although more sore yesterday immedaitely after the injection than it is useually, quietened down really quickly so that is feeling fine now smiley - zen

Oh. and I forgot; purple;
I also have the purple hat now, we bought in town last week.

For years, and years, and years, I've wanted a rediculus big, floppy red hat.
Then;
Some months back, possibly before Christmas, i forget, we saw a big, floppy rediculus hat, in H&M.
But... it was black....
I was so so so tempted... but... decided;
"no"!
I'd wanted the big floppy rediculus hat for so long, I would wait; for the hat also had to be red.
For, only if red, would the big floppy rediculus hat, be a big red floppy rediculus hat.

Then, last week, in H&M......

They had a big floppy rediculus hat, in purple.
Oh. yus.
and, in hindsight, purple is better than red I think, and all the more rediculus for it.

Someone in th epub the other night, was so amazed by my big purple floppy rediculus hat, and my ability to, as they put i, 'c carry it off, that they told me, this, time... and time... and time.... again... (OK so they might have been a bit drunk... but... even so...) smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

I must learn how to walk in these heels at some point smiley - laugh - and take a masterclass in how to get in and out of a car, weraing heels and a long dress, without... well... with some level of dignity smiley - laugh hmm... OK, so first I need to go look up what the word 'dignity' means in a dictionary but... well, its the thought that counts... smiley - zen

Just hope I can persuade the loverly nurses that turn me on, to let me have my next testosterone injection early, before the wedding towards the end of May smiley - diva or I'll probalby have had two weeks no sleep again immediately before the wedding smiley - doh

Which reminds me, must get round to sending out the final invitations I've forgoten to send, and then chase up all those we have sent them too, who don't understand the meaning of 'RSVP', to find out if they're actually coimng smiley - grrsmiley - doh
Right... must be shower time smiley - runsmiley - divasmiley - handbag

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Heels: put the heel down before the toes. Just like if you were wearing flatter shoes. Let your knee stretch out, to make a long stride.
Don't bend your knee to allow putting the whole foot down at once.
For the rest! you will indeed be a princess bried in purple and white!

smiley - towel

Post 3

Deb

You're right - it IS hard to find size 10 purple shoes. Even when you think you've found some, they turn out to be "wine" or "majenta"!

But whatever the shoes, you're gonna be fabulous smiley - divasmiley - biggrin

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 4

Although the heels are black, not purple, they're a sort of 'matt' black finish... kinds like suade, but sort of differnt... actually feels a bit like plush on a teddy smiley - laugh W keeps moaning that with the heels on, and with me already being taller than him, and when I'm in the sincher/corset (and standing straighter), and with the full length arabic white robe/dress, I'm ... so much taller than he is smiley - laugh

I must wear the shoes/heels out some time, just to practise walking on them, over the rubbish pavements round here etc walking round the house and up/down stairs is OK, but it does require concentration ,laugh> smiley - zensmiley - diva

Post 5

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

For getting out of a car, swivel so that both feet exit the car at once, try to get both shoes on the ground at once, then stand. (Made sure to put the maybe-obvious second step in, just in case you *do* end up with 2 weeks of no sleep just before the wedding smiley - yikes I can totally see myself being muddled enough that I only follow instructions exactly, and standing before feet are on the ground could add some unwanted red to the purple and white smiley - yikes)

Post 6

Oh... I dunno... I'm quite adept at falling over and not* hurting myself... - I am, of course, only really worried about getting the dress dirty or ripped! smiley - laughsmiley - snork I'll have my maid of honer with me, to help me out of the car... or is that matron of honer I forget... or is she the best man... I can't remember... Or is my Brother the best madn.... ahh, hang on, I think my Brother is the brides maid ... not sure he knows this yet though smiley - laugh must check he is still coming smiley - yikes

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - dontpanic you would also look sexy in trainers or smiley - doctor Martens smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Post 8

Deb

My experience with heels is that walking downstairs is the hardest. You have to remember to adjust your position backwards slightly. But then I'm not the most feminine of women so it's entirely possibly I just have no idea how to walk in heels smiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 9

I found stairs, in both directions quite easy in the heels... down you just have to remember to avoid catching the heel on the current step, as you descend the foot towards the next steep down, but I guess it depends on leg length, and stride length, and posture too smiley - weird I think I'd struggle doing stairs in them, if I was wearing one of my tighter dresses or skirts, as the leg can't move as 'high' as easily smiley - blush

If I go for boots, I've got my black leather riding boots smiley - diva the'd do nicely ... with some skinny fit wet/leather look leggings, or indeed skinny fit leather trousers smiley - drool Oo... hang on... now I've an idea smiley - runsmiley - pony

Post 10

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I guess it also depends on how narrow your dress is - not to mention alcohol content smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Post 11

exactly... I have to walk so much slower up/down stairs if I'm in the tighter fitting dresses or skirts smiley - laughsmiley - divasmiley - blush

bought a new black skirt today smiley - drool well, I say new, it was of course a rescue from the charity shop again smiley - magicsmiley - 2cents

Key: Complain about this post